Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Provisional Single Stack 1911 Division?

midvalleyshooter

Over here in the middle of the Pacific, our club will probably just stick to L-10 since we still have a 10rd mag law. Few guys are dabbling in Production and I might just try this new division since I have a nib Colt Series 80 in 38 Super and some CM 10rd mags just collecting dust....

barry B)

At our small local club here in the Great Plains of the US it seemed that some of our "USPSA" competitors thought it was a waste. The Officers wanted to do away with L10, but shooters said no. Just run all of 'em, it doesn't cost anything (we don't give out placques at our monthly matches). The bigger yearly match is a different story and will depend on whether there are 5, or more.

Out of 10 shooters at the meeting it seemed to me that 3 thought it was a waste, 3 thought it was a good idea and the rest didn't think.

I think it's going to be bigger as a "SPECIAL MATCH" thing than as a Division. But, that's just my .02.

Also, I think this is a way to eliminate L-10 in the future.

It will probably be: Open; Limited; Production; Revolver and Single Stack.

For me, it don't really matter if L-10 is eliminated (I live in a 10rd state) since everything is 10rd neutral here anyway. Since the federal ban ended, only the few remaining states with 10rd laws can't switch back to Limited (>10rds). Now, these states are the minority and I can see single stack replacing L-10 after the provisional period.

When I shoot in big matches, I don't shoot L-10 (I can do this at home), I will shoot in Open or Limited with >10rd mags.

Just my .02

barry B)

Well, Here in North Texas it is going to be HUGE! Everyone I talk to is waiting with baited breath to yank out their SS and shoot some fat bullets. I personally am going to shoot my kimber custom from about Feb. till about july at every match i attend (4 a month) and every match we hold at the Double Tap Ranch. We are also going to recognize the division at the Double Tap Championship the last week end of March 06. (last year the Double Tap Champ. was the second largest match in area 4.)

Edited by scorch

Also, I think this is a way to eliminate L-10 in the future.

It will probably be: Open; Limited; Production; Revolver and Single Stack.

For me, it don't really matter if L-10 is eliminated (I live in a 10rd state) since everything is 10rd neutral here anyway. Since the federal ban ended, only the few remaining states with 10rd laws can't switch back to Limited (>10rds). Now, these states are the minority and I can see single stack replacing L-10 after the provisional period.

When I shoot in big matches, I don't shoot L-10 (I can do this at home), I will shoot in Open or Limited with >10rd mags.

Just my .02

barry B)

I hope that doesn't happen......... I like shooting L10 with my wide body from time to time. It is a lot of fun, as well as a chance to get great match reload practice.

Grassy knoll theories notwithstanding, I had no intention, front door or back door, of doing away with L-10 when I began pushing for the Single Stack. My reasoning has been laid out over and over again, as I am sure a search will reveal. Now back to my nap.

Gary

I plan on shooting the SSD IF my local USPSA runs it. I have not been active in USPSA recently, except for a couple of local matches shooting production. The BOD of the local USPSA club are thinking about it, but are curious about how many participants they might expect.

I wrote this post to see what other clubs are doing. Not to debate the validity of it all:)

Gary thanks for your efforts. I will do what I can on our local level.

Keith

PS I did the searches and read it all. Good job!!!:)

PPS This looks like fun: http://www.slosa.org/uspsa/dual/DualChamp.htm

Grassy knoll theories notwithstanding, I had no intention, front door or back door, of doing away with L-10 when I began pushing for the Single Stack. My reasoning has been laid out over and over again, as I am sure a search will reveal. Now back to my nap.

Gary

At Sunday's match I heard Bill Wilson asked you to help him sell a thousand medium base pads for his flush .45ACP magazines. ;)

Actually, the alternative of Standard-8 with 1911 Single Stack as a sub-category would have also caused the base-pad problem with the Standard/Modified/Production box.

Around Wyoming, most everyone has a single stack .45. This is the pistol of choice for most L-10 competitors around here. Sure, some guys do download the fat guns and shoot them in L-10, but nobody seems to think they gain any advantage by doing so.

I have mixed feeling about the Provisional Division. I appreciate the desire to attract more of the single-stack crowd. At the same time, I wish we could find a way to combine L10 and Production to make a Practical Division with something like a 150 power factor, practical costume, then let the CZs, Glocks and 1911s all sort it out. B)

• 2 weeks later...