Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Icon for BENOS Forum?

slavex

anyone ever made an icon for the forum? All Chrome gives in my bookmarks bar is the stock Invision icon, a kind of black and white Globe or something, same that I have for a few other sites

Maybe our host could organize a competition to design one?

I think it used to be the ENSO symbol…. Needs to be an .svg format though for responsive pages and .png for tablets/iPhone etc. 

Edited by BritinUSA

That's the favicon, if the site is added as a favorite in Safari then I just get the B in a square and if I add it to the Home Screen on IOS then I just get an image of the webpage… 

For the image to show on Apple devices it needs to be defined in the HEAD section of the site, this is what I have in mine:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="167x167" href="link_to_image/medium.png" />
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="link_to_image/apple-touch-icon-180x180.png" />
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" href="link_to_image/small.png" />

I'm not sure if all the sizes are required as Apple keeps moving this around as screen resolutions change.

If you go to liveshots.net and click add to Home screen then you will see my icon.

Edited by BritinUSA

3 hours ago, benos said:

Maybe it's a Chrome thing, because in Safari: 1223952405_ScreenShot2022-03-08at3_28_46PM.png.529182d94d9cedab684d809898e2f6b8.png

thank you Brian

edited to add

Snagged the image from your profile pic and used that. Image below if anyone else wants it, already in the right format for Chrome

BEnos.ico

Edited by slavex

You can use Shortcut to create a different icon for a webpage on IOS so the icon shown above can be used.

It looks like the original image came from a scan, its highly pixelated so creating a high-res version would be tricky.

13 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

I used the Shortcut App (from the App Store) to add a custom icon for this web-site, so I don’t have the default B or the small page image.

ECCD4AE7-5585-4949-B207-396BE07EC578.jpeg.54644d37a46bb0275be4bd54d5960556.jpeg

Do you mean the actual Apple App “Shortcuts”?