Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another 1050 or get the 1100

I have a 1050 for .223 and when I sell my 650 I'm going to buy another press, there still are some 1050 out there and not sure if I should get another one or get the 1100, also not sure what the upgrades are or if others are happy with them?

any suggestions?

Thanks Ray  

One day I will be purchasing a second press. I currently own a Super 1050.  To me it only makes sense to find a second 1050 when the time comes. All of the parts will be swapable, and my spare parts cover both presses. The only reason I could see buying an 1100 would be if I was limited on a cartridge I might load in the future. It is my understanding the 1100 will load some of the longer rifle cartridges. 

4 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

One day I will be purchasing a second press. I currently own a Super 1050.  To me it only makes sense to find a second 1050 when the time comes. All of the parts will be swapable, and my spare parts cover both presses. The only reason I could see buying an 1100 would be if I was limited on a cartridge I might load in the future. It is my understanding the 1100 will load some of the longer rifle cartridges. 

its the other way around guy. The Super has a longer span the 1100 and thus can load some rifle rounds that the 1100 cannot. As for parts moat are interchangeable. The main differences in the 1050 and 1100 are the main bearing and the primer feed. Th e1100 returns to the more durable main bearing in the RL1050 (not sure its exactly the same bearing). Apparently some 1050's were failing due to the smaller main.

The primer feed is more like the 550 and 750. It isn't great but the S1050 primer feed sucks. That was a major improvement though more is needed. If you buy a new press get the 1100 unless you lose one of the rifle calibers that will load on a 1050 and not on a 1100.

s1050 and 1100

primer systems are one and the same.

58 minutes ago, Brooke said:

The primer feed is more like the 550 and 750. It isn't great but the S1050 primer feed sucks. That was a major improvement though more is needed. If you buy a new press get the 1100 unless you lose one of the rifle calibers that will load on a 1050 and not on a 1100.

Get the 1100.  I have been running one for 2 years with my Ammobot drive. Zero issues. I just got a second one last week. Plan on running the Mark 7 or the new Dillon drive on that one. I have posted on other threads in the past some things to do to make the press run smoother. Do a search. Have fun good luck.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Chapo said:

Check my channel for videos on this.  Please subscribe.

Not interested in a nother self proclaimed youtube expert. If you had less than 50 post . I would suspect you were making a run to sale some bobble.

21 hours ago, AHI said:

Not interested in a nother self proclaimed youtube expert. If you had less than 50 post . I would suspect you were making a run to sale some bobble.

AHI,

Come off your high horse.  I am merely contributing to a thread.  Unlike you, who seems to be sharpshooting others.  And for your much needed enlightment, I have well over 50 posts here and youtube is not a a place were you sell "bobbles."  I use Youtube here as a way to enhance a thread conversation in case readers want to find more detailed information. Understand your place, if not, this forum may not be the best place for you.  

Edited by Chapo

25 minutes ago, Chapo said:

AHI,

Come off your high horse.  I am merely contributing to a thread.  Unlike you, who seems to be sharpshooting others.  And for your much needed enlightment, I have well over 50 posts here and youtube is not a a place were you sell "bobbles."  I use Youtube here as a way to enhance a thread conversation in case readers want to find more detailed information. Understand your place, if not, this forum may not be the best place for you.  

The day I posten that YOU had left the same message on EVERY ongoing discussion. You evin dug up a few old ones. If all you are here to do is promote your youtube channel.This may not be the place for you.

i will no say any more.

Do I not contribute to the threads?  Look at my post history. But for your peace of mind, I added my channel to my signature a few days ago. Maybe now you will not be so distracted and focus on what we are all really here to do. 

I just paged through the latest issue of the Dillon catalog and see that they are still selling both the 1050 and 1100. Anyone know why they’re selling the old model side by side and at the same price as the new?

When I bought my 1100 late last summer, I asked Dillon why both were still available. Apparently the 1050 can do some longer rifle bullets than the 1100 can. I don't remember were the cutoff was though. 

On 4/18/2022 at 7:37 AM, 21 shooter said:

The 1050 they are selling now is the Super 1050, not the older RL 1050.  The older RL 1050 is an excellent machine especially for pistol calibers. 

I have an 1100, but what do you think are the differences between the super 1050 and the RL 1050?

11 minutes ago, Chapo said:

I have an 1100, but what do you think are the differences between the super 1050 and the RL 1050?

The Super can load up 30-06 length cartridges and has an very different bottom end with a connecting rod instead of the eccentric bearing. People say the RL1050 is smoother and less prone to powder spilling at speed than the Super, but I don't know this first hand. Part of the Forcht autodrive conversion of a Super 1050 is making the bottom end an RL 1050.

The 1100 went back to the RL 1050 bottom end, can't load 30-06 length, and now has a longer handle stroke than either of the 1050 versions.

Edited by belus

I suspect that if you wanted a bullet feeder on a 308 you would need the Super 1050. I don't think the 1100 or RL1050 have enough clearance to index with an unsteated 308 bullet.

I have a S1050 that is automated ( Ammobot ) and the only issues I ever had with it was the primer system. Upgraded it to the new style that comes on the RL1100 and it in flawless.

I also have a RL1100 and got it because some day I might want to automate it. It is nice. 

Get the RL1100