Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting acquainted with the 1911 for SS Div. this year. Video log of drills and progress.

eboggs

I'm a Beretta 92 fan/shooter in production but am thinking of trying a bit of SS shooting this coming year, as I have a soft spot for the 1911... Been years since I've owned one, and this was the first range session with one after getting my holster and belt set up. Only have one mag carrier at the moment, will be ordering 5 or so more in the near future if I decide to go forward with running it. 

A bit slow and sloppy in the following videos, but ran through some drills just to get acquainted with the platform. Alot to work on and identified some real weaknesses here. If you guys see anything glaring definitely offer up some pointers! 

Some Four Aces at roughly 7 yards... (all videos are roughly 7 yards, but I just quickly walked them out, so could be 6ish really). Really need to work on reloads. That magwell opening is a tad smaller than what Im used to! Also having trouble pushing the mag release button, will be replacing with an extended one. 

Couple Bill Drills... Gun isn't pointing "naturally" for me yet...First shot on both strings was high, was able to adjust for subsequent shots. 

Shot a few El Presidente's.... My turns still suck... Mag change was a bit sloppy and got hung up...

Finished off with a few -not quite to standard- FAST drills. Definitely forced the head shots, wasn't getting great sight picture(s) hence the first string going high, and second going low in the head box...

DIaa8PZl.jpg

8DRAPDnl.jpg

Edited by eboggs