Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 mos. Red dot

EEH

5 minutes ago, EEH said:

What red dot can you use on this gun. 34 mos gen 5.  Does it come with different adapter plates ?

Should have come with the 01 plate set, which has 4 plates that fit the following 4 footprints - 

Adapter Docter, Meopta, Insight (01)
Adapter Trijicon (02)
Adapter C-More (03)
Adapter Leupold (04)

Any optic with that particular footprint should fit. 

8 minutes ago, bulldog009 said:

Should have come with the 01 plate set, which has 4 plates that fit the following 4 footprints - 

Adapter Docter, Meopta, Insight (01)
Adapter Trijicon (02)
Adapter C-More (03)
Adapter Leupold (04)

Any optic with that particular footprint should fit. 

Thanks.. haven’t bought it yet.

If you can wait, the HoloSun SCS looks sexy as heck.  Fits the Glock OEM slide cut WITHOUT adapter plates.  It sits low as heck, as in "the window is barely higher than the slide top, so anybody's sights are usable".  Not having to use Suppressor-height sights means practically any holster is usable and there should be a shortened learning curve for the shooter, since the sightline is the same as iron sights.

No, I'm not on Holosun's payroll, but I do like the features....

5 hours ago, Braxton1 said:

If you can wait, the HoloSun SCS looks sexy as heck.  Fits the Glock OEM slide cut WITHOUT adapter plates.  It sits low as heck, as in "the window is barely higher than the slide top, so anybody's sights are usable".  Not having to use Suppressor-height sights means practically any holster is usable and there should be a shortened learning curve for the shooter, since the sightline is the same as iron sights.

I wonder if the window will be a bit bigger than the 507C?

6 hours ago, Braxton1 said:

.Wow, I had heard that they were working on their own plate, not a Glock cut compatible sight.

1 hour ago, Walli said:

Holosun SCS

• Window Size 0.58x0.77

Holosun HS 507C

• Window Size 0.63x0.91

I am not sure that I want the smaller window.

Nope, definitely not on a competition gun.  Maybe it's supposed to go on  a carry gun, like a Glock 43/43X/48 MOS since they don't come with any mounting plates???

Then it might be a very nice option in place of the HS507K optic.

On 2/19/2022 at 3:16 PM, Cuz said:

Nope, definitely not on a competition gun.  Maybe it's supposed to go on  a carry gun, like a Glock 43/43X/48 MOS since they don't come with any mounting plates???

Then it might be a very nice option in place of the HS507K optic.

I wonder though (and this is coming from someone who struggles with CO, so take it with a grain of salt...):

Would the low-sitting window offset the smaller window size by being on the same line-of-sight as one is used to with their iron sights?