Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions on PCC Compensator

I realize that PCC compensators don't have a large effect on felt recoil, but I'm thinking about putting a moderate sized steel comp on my PCC. I'm doing this partly to make it easier for the timer to pick up the shots. Right now I just have a flash hider on a 16 inch barrel, and I'll probably have my barrel cut shorter so that it just makes 16 inches with the comp permanently attached.  I shoot PCC in IDPA, and we sometimes have starts within vehicles where a slightly shorter barrel would be a bit easier to maneuver.  I'd prefer a durable comp that's not too large and doesn't require a lot of cleaning. I would appreciate any suggestions.

On 2/14/2022 at 7:45 PM, Racinready300ex said:

What comps did you test, and how did you go about it?

all available in EU, ALL! (only the new brekke was missing)

Even the new JP vertical comp wasn't as good as the Armanov one

we put it on 45 degree to get the best, it worked for all PF but the higher the PF the more it worked

we settled on 115 grains with 4,35 VV N320 or factory 115's

regards

• 4 months later...
On 2/15/2022 at 2:10 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

all available in EU, ALL! (only the new brekke was missing)

Even the new JP vertical comp wasn't as good as the Armanov one

we put it on 45 degree to get the best, it worked for all PF but the higher the PF the more it worked

we settled on 115 grains with 4,35 VV N320 or factory 115's

regards

Sorry to respond to a 5 month old thread.  I just bought one of these Armanov Equalizer compensators.  When you say that you put it on at a 45 degree angle......is that tilted 45 degrees toward your strong hand side when shooting the PCC?

Edited by Nemesis Lead
7 hours ago, Nemesis Lead said:

Sorry to respond to a 5 month old thread.  I just bought one of these Armanov Equalizer compensators.  When you say that you put it on at a 45 degree angle......is that tilted 45 degrees toward your strong hand side when shooting the PCC?

Hi Nemesis, yes so if you are right handed turn it to the right at 2 or even 3 o clock

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Let me know! It's not 45 degree though but 1.30 . 2 o'clock

Thank you, but I am now a little confused.  12 o'clock has the compensator ports straight up.  1:30 is 45 degrees.  3 o'clock is 90 degrees.  

Are you maybe at 1 o'clock (slightly less than 45 degrees)?

21 hours ago, Nemesis Lead said:

Thank you, but I am now a little confused.  12 o'clock has the compensator ports straight up.  1:30 is 45 degrees.  3 o'clock is 90 degrees.  

Sorry for confusion, I am in between 1 o'clock and 1.30 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/9/2022 at 5:08 PM, Nemesis Lead said:

Sorry, I know this is old but how was the affect of the armanov equalizer?  And can you share bullet grain and power factor for your rounds?