Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Entirely Crimson Case Feed Adapter

Anyone using and can provide recommendation for or against?  I've cracked two of the Dillon polymer covers, and saw the EC version.  It's 3x the cost of the Dillon cover, but if it works without issue it may be worth it...

https://entirelycrimson.com/products/super-1050-case-feeder-adapter-housing-upgrade

image_0326fce0-8db2-4c4a-8f28-12846792a7

I just purchased a similar one from Range Panda.  It should be here today, so I don't have any feedback for you, but the one from RP comes with a case feed stop built in for $5 more if you decide to buy one, otherwise they seem alike. (not affiliated, just think for $5 it's worth it)

https://rangepanda.com/collections/dillon-1050/products/rpg2-1050-1100-case-feed-housing-with-case-stop

I saw the RP one, and do like the integrated stop, but it's 9mm specific.  The EC is a standard replacement version (still uses Dillon colored adapter) although they also offer caliber specific ones too.  But at $60/65, I only want to buy one, not one for every caliber :).

1 hour ago, 78Staff said:

I saw the RP one, and do like the integrated stop, but it's 9mm specific.  The EC is a standard replacement version (still uses Dillon colored adapter) although they also offer caliber specific ones too.  But at $60/65, I only want to buy one, not one for every caliber :).

I missed that, and didn't realize the standard one from EC accepted all calibers.  I almost specifically load 9mm, with some 223 thrown in a couple of times a year, so my plan was to use the 9mm specific one then just use the standard Dillon for 223 since it won't see all that much use anyway.  Good to know on the EC one though...can't believe I didn't pick up on that when I was looking.

I see why now.  The pictures they posted only show the caliber specific ones with the case feed tube inserted.  I guess I should have paid better attention to the descriptions. 

I haven't had my press long, only a couple of weeks.  I would have thought the weak point in the case feed adapter was the case specific insert.  I had to tape mine because it flops all over the place.

Edited by clw42

Markimm,

That is an interesting video.  Nice that you have a delrin sheet/barrier so you don't get the aluminum dust/galling from the case feed plunger like others that are made of AL.

I guess you could use grease on top of the case feed plunger, but that would just create a huge mess on the bottom of the case.  I'm amazed at the stuff  you come up with.

I'm sure this will now be on my radar when it becomes available.

I've now loaded about 500 rounds with the 9mm Specific one from Range Panda without issue.  Fit is excellent, finish is pretty good, there's some machining marks but nothing to worry about as they're all on the outside.  I like it.  The built in case feed stop is a nice touch.  But as 78Staff mentioned it's caliber specific. 

On 2/12/2022 at 12:03 AM, shred said:

I made an aluminum copy of the Dillon after breaking another plastic one a couple years back.  It works well enough.  No dust or galling issues.

Must be nice having access to CNC machines to make your own.   Any chance you're running automated?   Ever see the inside of aluminum truck tool box after you leave some boxes in there?  Aluminum dust everywhere.   A better engineered product would have some type of barrier between steel case feed plunger and aluminum cover.

Although I have CNC, I made it on a manual mill and lathe-- a block of aluminum with a few holes and press in a stub of lathe-turned tube.  Rough as old boots but works well.  It's on a Mark 7-ized 1050.  Couple hundred thousand rounds on the machine, although not all of them with that feed block