Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A couple months ago I shot an IDPA match wearing some pretty wore out Salomon boots.  You know the drill, 5 hours on your feet, lots of walking a little bit of running.  The next day, my left foot was killing me.  The range surface sucked (ETTS) and I initially thought it was a stone bruise.  Well, I'm still hobbling around 7 weeks later.  I've put good arch supports in all of my shoes, worked on stretching the crap out of my calves and quit running at all for cardio.  The pain in tolerable with good cushioned shoes with arch supports, but still hurts like hell bare footed on hard surfaces.  Other than the obvious trip to the DR, does anybody have a good remedy?  I'm signed up to shoot that same match on Saturday and I'm honestly thinking about withdrawing to avoid that much time on my feet.   

Not a doctor. Where in your foot is the pain? Plantar fasciitis (PF) pain can be in many places but most typically is in the arch or somewhere on the bottom or outside edges of the heel. I've had to deal with PF several times over the years. I'm 60 now. What worked for me most recently is 1) never ever walk around barefoot, especially when you first wake up, 2) buy something like these to wear around the house from the moment you wake up (https://olukai.ca/products/nalu-slide-mens-sandals-black?variant=34542937440391 ), 4) buy a pair of after-market insoles that offer arch support to wear in the shoes you wear outside, 4) stretch your calves 100x a day!

Number 1 above was what I believe was the game changer for me. Your experience may vary.

Edited by Flea