Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My PCC is randomly going into burst mode of 2 or 3 rounds......anyone know the fix?

I have a MBX built PCC that came with a Hiperifre Hipertouch Competition trigger. It has been 100% reliable in the year I have owned it. It came with the green springs installed and the trigger has been great.

Recently it will randomly let off a 2 or 3 round burst. So I tried the red springs today and got a couple more bursts.

Any suggestions on a solution? I will contact Hiperfire tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

A friend of mine put the ECL in his blowback PCC.  I was bump firing it a bunch after since those blowbacks are so bouncy.  He ended up taking the ECL out and selling it to me...  

I'd suggest putting in the red springs and see if that helps.  Try holding the gun tighter too? 

6 hours ago, midvalleyshooter said:

I called Hiperfire first thing Monday morning and they were very helpful offering solutions. Parts are coming my way to fix this issue. Hiperfire does customer service the right way! They are good to go.

Good to hear it’s being taken care of. Hiperfire’s customer service is great.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2022 at 2:10 PM, midvalleyshooter said:

I have a MBX built PCC that came with a Hiperifre Hipertouch Competition trigger. It has been 100% reliable in the year I have owned it. It came with the green springs installed and the trigger has been great.

Recently it will randomly let off a 2 or 3 round burst. So I tried the red springs today and got a couple more bursts.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Did the replacement parts solve the problem? Is your trigger weight heavier now? 

I had a similar problem and found that the gun was just bouncing way too much. After shooting through the chronology, I found the issue... My ammo was making 153 PF, and thats a bit too much energy for my style of shooting. 

On 4/7/2022 at 5:00 AM, kitzmiller3gun said:

Did the replacement parts solve the problem? Is your trigger weight heavier now? 

I had a similar problem and found that the gun was just bouncing way too much. After shooting through the chronology, I found the issue... My ammo was making 153 PF, and thats a bit too much energy for my style of shooting. 

The problem turned out to be me. I had others try it and it was fine. It was also fine from my right shoulder. On the left side I would get the bursts.

I have a tremor on my left side and that appears to be the culprit. The light weight PCC and light trigger just caused me to bump fire it on my off side. I solved the issue with a heavier PCC.

• 2 months later...

Had same issues a couple of times with the same trigger.  

always always was a broken disconnector spring.  Last was in the middle of a stage at the PCC nationals.  

try taking this apart in a hurry to make the next stage.  My fat fingers and that little spring.  Luckily my wife was there to help. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, outerlimits said:

try shooting a handgun instead...sorry.😄

Well, I am M Class in both PCC and Production.

While there are certainly better shooters than me, most people are not.

But I will continue to shoot PCC.  Thank you so much for your input.  You do your journey, I will do mine.  

16 hours ago, Nemesis Lead said:

But I will continue to shoot PCC.  Thank you so much for your input.  You do your journey, I will do mine.  

Great answer. Some people just can’t stop themselves.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2022 at 12:10 PM, midvalleyshooter said:

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Try 2 new trigger pins I had the same thing happen and with the new trigger pins mine did that so I tried regular trigger pins and it worked fine.

• 2 months later...