Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Guns 2022

LmtdOne

On 1/26/2022 at 1:51 PM, LmtdOne said:

Okay, so I am looking at getting another open gun. I know this is an overdone topic but after scrolling to page 22 and reading all relevant articles I have decided to ask the age old question: If you were in the market for an open gun today, who would you be looking at? I will just say that I do not have the time, patience, or equipment to build my own so that is off the table. I currently own Infinity and Akai Limited guns as well as some others. I am making the switch to Open at least for the season. I really like Infinity guns, just trying to decide if I want to spend Infinity money on an open gun. What are your opinions out there? 

Check out Carne Custom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Infinity is great if your willing to wait for them.   I went limcat because 4 months sounds way better then a year.   Plus limcat had a great price for me and their warranty and customer service is top notch from what I’ve heard from several of the shooters I know that have limcats. 

14 minutes ago, Furrly said:

Infinity is at 8 to 10 months. Just placed an order 

That’s what they say but it isn’t accurate. Myself and three other buddies are at various stages of waiting and one is over 12 months now and crickets. You just have to sit back and enjoy the quiet ride. I’m at 6 months so far. 

On 4/8/2022 at 11:30 AM, Posvar said:

That’s what they say but it isn’t accurate. Myself and three other buddies are at various stages of waiting and one is over 12 months now and crickets. You just have to sit back and enjoy the quiet ride. I’m at 6 months so far. 

Any idea why it would be that long  over the quoted time? Did he order something extra ornate or something? 

36 minutes ago, chrisstophere said:

Any idea why it would be that long  over the quoted time? Did he order something extra ornate or something? 

No. I think they are just optimistic as all builders are. Was quoted 3-4 months on a TSRB when they came out and it was exactly 12 months to the week. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2022 at 5:02 AM, donno said:

Call Jeff Abernathy of Tommy Guns USA. He is in the Charlotte, NC area and will build you one. He has built a couple of opens for me. He has also done a trigger job on almost every 1911 I own, his trigger jobs are amazing. I'm sure his wait time is also one of the shortest around.

Can’t say enough about Abernathy as well. Builds are quality and won’t steer you wrong. Not sure on his lead times currently but the three he has built me are all grand. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 11:30 AM, Posvar said:

+1, be prepared for 12 - 15 months. If time is not a constrain, Infinity is  the way to go. 

Ordered 5/13/22 from Dan at D2 Customs in PA. As of 5/27/22 I got a text from Dan letting me know to give him the specifics on PVD color choices and layout and pics of the finished gun ready to send to PVD. If that's not fast enough for a 100% reliable, custom open gun then I don't know what is. $5400.00 with PVD. Cheely frame, brazos slide, KKM Barrel, custom D2C comp, EGW internals, lonestart grip, PT magwell, lonestart trigger ect.. 

Screenshot_20220605-182729_Facebook.jpg