Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High volume .308 on Mark7 Evolution/revolution?

I've done a lot of 300 blackout subs (200-220gr bullets)... and they get a bit wobbly if loading too fast. Good thing you can slow it down, which slows the wobble down.

I have never had an issue with large primers, but I'm using the old school primer stack and shuttle on my evo-autodive. 

Need to be realistic and not expect to load at 2000+ RPH. 

• 4 months later...

We commercially load using Mark 7 Revo for rifle as they are great machines when tuned properly and maintained.  Indexing and dwell is slowed for larger things like 6.5/308 or even 300 AAC with heavy subbies.  With heavy projectiles they are too heavy and can topple on the ejector arm if your speeds are too high and can bungle the feeder arm.  

Also if you rock a revo get the second and/or 3rd guide rod (especially if you want match level).  If your ok with 1.2-1.5k / hr with match precision (again if set correct) and using high quality brass (Lap/Alpha/Peterson) and pow that meters well is absolutely comfortable.  At/around the 1MM mark you WILL need a rebuild on the bushings and some other wear parts.  

If you want higher rates and are absolutely ok with some loss of concentricity and are chasing fast production look at an alpha/BRT, vasini, or Ammoload Mark. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 9:47 PM, CMoneyELR said:

We commercially load using Mark 7 Revo for rifle as they are great machines when tuned properly and maintained.  Indexing and dwell is slowed for larger things like 6.5/308 or even 300 AAC with heavy subbies.  With heavy projectiles they are too heavy and can topple on the ejector arm if your speeds are too high and can bungle the feeder arm.  

Also if you rock a revo get the second and/or 3rd guide rod (especially if you want match level).  If your ok with 1.2-1.5k / hr with match precision (again if set correct) and using high quality brass (Lap/Alpha/Peterson) and pow that meters well is absolutely comfortable.  At/around the 1MM mark you WILL need a rebuild on the bushings and some other wear parts.  

If you want higher rates and are absolutely ok with some loss of concentricity and are chasing fast production look at an alpha/BRT, vasini, or Ammoload Mark. 

What powder drop are you using, the digital or mechanical?   Im thinking of using my EVO for .308 in PRC class

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2022 at 12:37 PM, Oldhand said:

What powder drop are you using, the digital or mechanical?   Im thinking of using my EVO for .308 in PRC class

I had to do a lot of work on my mechanical powder measure to drop right. Powder sticking inside the internals. Same as when I had a hornady, which is almost the same powder dropper. Sand/polish the part that funnels to the cylinder, polish all the internals with flitz. I saw this from an old post at arfcom years back. Probably couldn't find it if I tried. But I am able to get Within 0.1gr + / - 

Edited by Sincerd