Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scam? primer primers1.com (10.21.21)

meeesterpaul

I just had the opportunity to buy 10,000 CCI primers ($299) and 8 pounds of IMR powder from a website called primer1.com.  Good prices, $25 flat rate shipping, no HazMat, … no credit cards… only Zelle,  Venmo,  Apple Pay. 

Me;  "How about sending a photo of inventory"

That's not happening but they were willing to let me pay half up front and half after they delivered.

On 10/22/2021 at 7:50 PM, NETim said:

I can only hope that karma visits the folks running these scam sites.   

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  

If you want a couple of hours of hilarious reading, google "christopher eustice optics and ammo"

Optics and Ammo is a scam site operated out of his parents basement.  The owner, Christopher Eustice is a real piece of work.  While out on bail on felony fraud charges from his Optics and Ammo scam, he starts another online scam site for luxury watches.

Nolan

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 10:22 PM, meeesterpaul said:

I just had the opportunity to buy 10,000 CCI primers ($299) and 8 pounds of IMR powder from a website called primer1.com.  Good prices, $25 flat rate shipping, no HazMat, … no credit cards… only Zelle,  Venmo,  Apple Pay. 

Me;  "How about sending a photo of inventory"

That's not happening but they were willing to let me pay half up front and half after they delivered.

Right now, if they aren’t a well known and established business/website and they have a suspicious amount of inventory in stock, it’s definitely a scam.  Thanks for the post, i’ll be sure to avoid that search result as well!

Was doing a research search and this place pops up. 
http://winchesterprimers.com/shop/

Took a suspicious peek and WOW everything you would ever want and everything seems to be IN STOCK. First red flag! So for the heck of it I tossed 5k primers in the basket fully expecting the out of stock sign to pop up, but No! Was $350 plus $35 hazmat/shipping. Went to checkout and there it is, types of payment,,

Zelle

Venmo

BitCoin

and a green square 🟩 with a $ in it. Also the copyright in the corner is still 2021. Whoever did the website did a very good job as it looks very legit. Anyway I’ll let someone else order some for me and I’ll pay them when they get here. 

Funny, an hour ago I just hit a site that was something like reloadersupply.com (I don't remember the exact domain name and my browser isn't showing it in history) that had all kinds of primers in stock, I went all the way through to the payment page and found that they only accepted Zelle and ApplePay. Red flags, yeah. And in doing a quick search for "large pistol primers" again when I saw this post, I can see "primoreloading.com" that is similarly scamming, all the way to not taking real credit cards.

Obsessiveshooter, in trying to determine if that was one of the best trolls i’ve seen in a while, or if indeed there were instock primers at midwayusa, I did in fact see that CCI #41 primers are in stock and available, fyi.  1 box limit at the moment. 

I have more Fed smalls than I need and could use or trade for something harder. ( I'm near Filtydelphia,1072) 

An article that was discussing investing in stocks of companies in our fun world had quotes from Vista Outdoors' CEO ( I think). He has happy to say that the purchase of Remington's primer operation will help them expand and still enjoy the margins by not add manufacturing capacity to the market. He was also pleased that his 'competition' at Olin was paying attention to the capacity/over capacity risks. Seems that enjoying the margins will let them pay down debt and buy back shares. The stock may be a better value than the primers. I don't think we'll see primers under $49.9999 again.

4 hours ago, meeesterpaul said:

I have more Fed smalls than I need and could use or trade for something harder. ( I'm near Filtydelphia,1072) 

An article that was discussing investing in stocks of companies in our fun world had quotes from Vista Outdoors' CEO ( I think). He has happy to say that the purchase of Remington's primer operation will help them expand and still enjoy the margins by not add manufacturing capacity to the market. He was also pleased that his 'competition' at Olin was paying attention to the capacity/over capacity risks. Seems that enjoying the margins will let them pay down debt and buy back shares. The stock may be a better value than the primers. I don't think we'll see primers under $49.9999 again.

If you're ever near Roanoke/ Blacksburg, VA I've got some CCI SRP I'd gladly trade you for some federals 

6 hours ago, meeesterpaul said:

China, are you listening?