Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Disposing of bad reloads

I try and be a good citizen of the planet.

Have a large container of bad reloads, some with primers, some with powder and bullets.

What is the best way of disposing of it? Preference is the garbage at the range but is there a more earth friendly way to go?

37 minutes ago, p7fl said:

I try and be a good citizen of the planet.

Have a large container of bad reloads, some with primers, some with powder and bullets.

What is the best way of disposing of it? Preference is the garbage at the range but is there a more earth friendly way to go?

Send it to me and I’ll dispose of it properly. Put it in a flat rate box and I’ll pay for USPS priority shipping.

Let me know.

Edited by George16

32 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Do not toss them into the trash...anywhere.  Get equipped: https://www.brownells.com/reloading/case-preparation/bullet-pullers/index.htm

Or give them to someone that will break them down.

Excellent point Yeti. Never dispose in the trash. Range garbage or anywhere. Disposal pails at the range are for fired cases only. 

I bought some of stuff from a widow. In the mix was a gallon jug of messed up reloads. I went through them and pulled the bullets I would reuse. I gave most of them to a friend and he pulled them down for the components. I have seen coffee cans full of old ammo at matches with a sign on them saying free do not shoot for components only. 

3 hours ago, Youngeyes said:

Excellent point Yeti. Never dispose in the trash. Range garbage or anywhere. Disposal pails at the range are for fired cases only. 

A few ranges I go to have dud buckets too. Others there are duds in with the brass.