Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Innovations Ramped PCC barrel or Macon Armory

Does anyone have experience with the Shooting Innovations ramped barrels?

https://shootinginnovationsllc.com/products/pcc-standard

I am piecing together a PCC for some local USPSA and 2-gun matches. Looking for a 10.5” to work with the 6” Brekke muzzle brake I already have. I also want to try a ramped barrel to try and forgo any feeding issues. 

Edited by Bad_Karma

Awesome, thanks for the responses. 

What did you use to modify the bolt? I was thinking a brill press. 

How much did you end up taking off? I believe they recommended .05”

Do you mind posting a pic when you have a chance? 

TACCOM 1016 barrel can use any bolt with out modification, unless you want to use the super feed option.....then its a simple matter of sending the bolt into TACCOM for a free modification. The bolt can still be used with pretty much any blowback barrel on the market. Except the shooting innovations barrel. They actually use the original feed ramp we developed over 2 years ago. We went on to an improved design of that feed ramp......still a good ramp, we just decided that there was a way to make a ramp that didn't involve modifying the bolt.

9 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

TACCOM 1016 barrel can use any bolt with out modification, unless you want to use the super feed option.....then its a simple matter of sending the bolt into TACCOM for a free modification. The bolt can still be used with pretty much any blowback barrel on the market. Except the shooting innovations barrel. They actually use the original feed ramp we developed over 2 years ago. We went on to an improved design of that feed ramp......still a good ramp, we just decided that there was a way to make a ramp that didn't involve modifying the bolt.

I have one of your barrels too, and like your ramp better. The only reason I have one of the shooting innovations barrels was to play with a different comp setup.

3 hours ago, TRUBL said:

Yes sir, thank you for the response. We actually spoke on the phone a few days ago. Your barrel was my first choice, but unfortunately you don’t offer a 10.5” barrel. I already have a brekke handguard and 6” comp so I am married to those for this project. 

Please let me know if you can accommodate that as I Would definitely buy one. 

On 1/11/2022 at 10:05 AM, Bad_Karma said:

Yes sir, thank you for the response. We actually spoke on the phone a few days ago. Your barrel was my first choice, but unfortunately you don’t offer a 10.5” barrel. I already have a brekke handguard and 6” comp so I am married to those for this project. 

I would buy one too if it would accommodate the 4" comp.

If someone could make another internally ramped barrel or Brekke could get his hands on more, we can eliminate a lot of this searching around.

Edited by telligentgunner
On 1/11/2022 at 12:05 PM, Bad_Karma said:

Yeah.....probably not going to happen unfortunately we believe our brakes are far superior as well as first to market.....we see no reason to support our competitors product

• 4 weeks later...

My 8" Shooting Innovations barrel is extremely reliable, as long as I use good magazines.  It will shoot sub 1" groups at 25 yards with handloaded pulled 147gr HST's.  With drop info from Strelok Pro I can reliably hit a torso sized steel at 300 yards, probably 90% hit rate using just a 1x prism. 

Edited by chevrofreak
On 2/14/2022 at 8:58 AM, TRUBL said:

so our customers have spoken (a lot!!) we will be offering our 10.5 and 13.5 barrels with no brakes.

Our superfeed barrels are hands down the most reliable feeding barrels on the planet.

Tim

I’m definitely interested. Sending dm

On 2/14/2022 at 11:58 AM, TRUBL said:

so our customers have spoken (a lot!!) we will be offering our 10.5 and 13.5 barrels with no brakes.

Our superfeed barrels are hands down the most reliable feeding barrels on the planet.

Tim

Any ETA on the 13/16 barrels being back in stock, really interested in running one for my franken PCC build.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, MSR_Gal said:

TRUBL, I just snagged your 2nd from the last 13/16 barrel.

How do I go about sending in my bolt for modification?

Send the bolt to us via USPS....in a box....not a bubble or tyvec envelope to:

TACCOM

PO BOX 431

DASSEL, MN 55325

If you send it in an envelope, all I will get is the envelope....call you up, tell you the news......and then I'm the bad guy. I do NOT wanna be the bad guy!!

We take care of the rest at no cost to you.....putting a note in the box telling us what you need us to do and a return address would be nice.

Edited by TRUBL
  • 1 month later...

Not to steal any of Taccoms thunder but I have a full Brekke barrel/handguard combo and he does use the shooting innovations ramped pcc barrels. I haven’t had any feed issues. It’s super accurate and any issues I’ve had were because magazines.

I’ve also installed the taccom Glock lower feed ramp in my backup pcc and ever since I did the gun has never jammed or double fed.

• 9 months later...

I have shooting innovations  16in ramped barrel and bolt in 40 and it shoots amazing! Working on a 45 now and debating if I want the ramped or not. Watching how it feeds in my 40 the round doesn't seem to even touch the ramp but I'd hate to not get ramped and have feeding issues.