Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Innovations Ramped PCC barrel or Macon Armory

Does anyone have experience with the Shooting Innovations ramped barrels?

https://shootinginnovationsllc.com/products/pcc-standard

I am piecing together a PCC for some local USPSA and 2-gun matches. Looking for a 10.5” to work with the 6” Brekke muzzle brake I already have. I also want to try a ramped barrel to try and forgo any feeding issues. 

Edited by Bad_Karma

Ok, I’ll take that as no…

What about Macon Armory? Seem to get good reviews on Reddit, but most of those aren’t competitive shooters. Doesn’t have a feed ramp, but has a proprietary feed cone. 

• Bad_Karma changed the title to Shooting Innovations Ramped PCC barrel or Macon Armory

Awesome, thanks for the responses. 

What did you use to modify the bolt? I was thinking a brill press. 

How much did you end up taking off? I believe they recommended .05”

Do you mind posting a pic when you have a chance? 

TACCOM 1016 barrel can use any bolt with out modification, unless you want to use the super feed option.....then its a simple matter of sending the bolt into TACCOM for a free modification. The bolt can still be used with pretty much any blowback barrel on the market. Except the shooting innovations barrel. They actually use the original feed ramp we developed over 2 years ago. We went on to an improved design of that feed ramp......still a good ramp, we just decided that there was a way to make a ramp that didn't involve modifying the bolt.

9 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

TACCOM 1016 barrel can use any bolt with out modification, unless you want to use the super feed option.....then its a simple matter of sending the bolt into TACCOM for a free modification. The bolt can still be used with pretty much any blowback barrel on the market. Except the shooting innovations barrel. They actually use the original feed ramp we developed over 2 years ago. We went on to an improved design of that feed ramp......still a good ramp, we just decided that there was a way to make a ramp that didn't involve modifying the bolt.

I have one of your barrels too, and like your ramp better. The only reason I have one of the shooting innovations barrels was to play with a different comp setup.

3 hours ago, TRUBL said:

Yes sir, thank you for the response. We actually spoke on the phone a few days ago. Your barrel was my first choice, but unfortunately you don’t offer a 10.5” barrel. I already have a brekke handguard and 6” comp so I am married to those for this project. 

Please let me know if you can accommodate that as I Would definitely buy one. 

On 1/11/2022 at 10:05 AM, Bad_Karma said:

Yes sir, thank you for the response. We actually spoke on the phone a few days ago. Your barrel was my first choice, but unfortunately you don’t offer a 10.5” barrel. I already have a brekke handguard and 6” comp so I am married to those for this project. 

I would buy one too if it would accommodate the 4" comp.

If someone could make another internally ramped barrel or Brekke could get his hands on more, we can eliminate a lot of this searching around.

Edited by telligentgunner
On 1/11/2022 at 12:05 PM, Bad_Karma said:

Yeah.....probably not going to happen unfortunately we believe our brakes are far superior as well as first to market.....we see no reason to support our competitors product