Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sub 2lbs Trigger MP9 2.0

mule169

Burwell use to offer this service but they longer are accepting services. 

I couldn’t find any information about a Steve Moore in Denver.

SSS is Sharp Shooter Supply and they work in Savage rifles mainly. 

Is there anyone in service or parts that can bring our APEX trigger down to sub 2lbs. 

Just FYI if you can get that light, you may have ignition issues with certain primers. I got mine that low years ago and had to start loading with only federal match primers. Was done with APEX and reduced power striker spring but several years ago and not 100% sure what else.

Just now, travail said:

Just FYI if you can get that light, you may have ignition issues with certain primers. I got mine that low years ago and had to start loading with only federal match primers. Was done with APEX and reduced power striker spring but several years ago and not 100% sure what else.

I don’t reload yet but I do shoot exclusively Blazer, PMC and Federal Syntech. Thanks for this heads up. 

I would suggest that you install whichever apex trigger kit catches your fancy, polish all contact surfaces, and practice. I’ve run M&Ps since they were first released. While I can make a sub 2lb trigger I don’t want one. To get that light you need to lighten the striker spring. You just took a very reliable gun and made it iffy. All striker fired handguns are like that, they rely solely on the striker spring to ignite the primer. All my M&Ps have triggers between 3 1/2 to 4lb, they can set off rifle primers, and I only clean them for major matches. I don’t need to worry if they will work so I can focus on my performance. They took me to master in several devisions. Just my opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...