Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Our customers aren't there and there is nothing we need to see in person before purchasing. No networking value in the internet age. So no, probably never again.

It is seemingly now just half gun tourists gawking at the other half of people trying to work.

If you run a gun store, it's to go by and meet your suppliers and place orders for next year and see if there's anything new so you can tell customers back at the store "I saw this at SHOT..."

If you're a marketing or customer service person for anything that goes in a gun store, you sit in the same booth in the same spot as last year and the year before and the year before and hope somebody comes by that is actually a buyer, rather than a gawker, YouTuber or suitcaser.

If you're an industry-exec you go to meetings with other industry people since they're there too and you rarely get onto the show floor at all.

If you're a pro shooter, you're expected to stand around in your sponsors booth and tell everyone that whatever they have is the hotness. 

If you're a competition shooter that wants to be sponsored, you weasel your way in to discover just how tiny a micro-sub-fraction of the industry cares at all about competition....

😀

On 1/10/2022 at 2:52 PM, CHA-LEE said:

You guys are forgetting about the most important thing you "Get" by attending the SHOT Show. You get to come home with the SHOT Show CRUD and infect your whole family while being sick for a week or more.

In 2020, we got to calling it "SHOT AIDS", instead of the normal SHOT Crud.  I had never seen so many bottles of Hand Sanitizer in one place.  Every booth had two or three out there.  It was right at the very beginning of the COVID situation.

Since last year was cancelled, I was really wanting to go this year, but it just wasn't in the cards.

To me, it's all about the networking and celebrating the industry.  "Face-to-face" is better for that IMHO.

I have heard many companies are either skipping SHOT '22 or sending much smaller delegations.  Beretta, SIG,  and Vortex are a few of the names that I've heard are skipping.  This is similar to what I've heard about the most-recent SEMA and C.E.S. shows.

Edited by Braxton1