Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Simple Everglades MRH Pad

louu

So the thigh pad for the Everglades MRH is out of stock, some guys say you still have to mod it and some say it just sucks and it looks like it does. 

Here is the first idea I had to make my own thigh pad. I have another idea I might try later. 

The only tools you really need are a 3/16" drill bit/drill, some sandpaper and something to cut kydex with. Aviation snips work well but a scroll saw gives you better results. Trace the back of the holster onto the kydex and leave some extra on the bottom 20211227_104923_resized.thumb.jpg.2cdd5e9400a876b4e2450dd0d3dfefae.jpg

Now go ahead and locktite the one million screws on this thing one at a time. 

There is still tapping oil on the screws and holes so at least wipe the screws off or the locktite won't do s#!t. You really should clean the holes out with some degreaser for the locktite to really work. Also be careful not to use to much locktite on the blind holes because liquid does not compress and you could pull the threads right out. 

5 hours ago, louu said:

Now go ahead and locktite the one million screws on this thing one at a time. 

There is still tapping oil on the screws and holes so at least wipe the screws off or the locktite won't do s#!t. You really should clean the holes out with some degreaser for the locktite to really work. Also be careful not to use to much locktite on the blind holes because liquid does not compress and you could pull the threads right out. 

This seems to be a common complaint but I have never had a screw come loose on mine?

12 minutes ago, zzt said:

The problem is it is still semi-drop offset.  It's a clever idea.  Something similar bolted onto the actual thigh pad would work for me.  That way I get the standoff I want.

Agreed. A simple bend could probably fix that?

6 minutes ago, Nathanb said:

I had a similar issue but with my boss digging into my hip on long days. I found the ice vents holster pad from qore performance. 

https://www.qoreperformance.com/collections/all/products/iceventsaero-holster-pad

Album link. 

https://imgur.com/a/Gy6HqcD

Nice. Not $107 nice.

16 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

That’s awesome! Someone should make this for the masses for people like me who won’t take the time to make it. 🤩

16 hours ago, Sarge said:

You won't get rich but quite a few of these could be sold once perfected. I know I would buy one.

Thanks guys, 

I had some messages with the owner of this site a while ago because I make a couple of different odds and ends like target stands and some other little things. The problem was he wanted a lot more money than I would ever make. I understand his price but like I said... 

13 hours ago, zzt said:

The problem is it is still semi-drop offset.  It's a clever idea.  Something similar bolted onto the actual thigh pad would work for me.  That way I get the standoff I want.

I did play with the adjustments a little and you can get it to sit straight. I have it one hole closer to me. Just put it on the outermost hole then use the cant to straighten it and it won't point at you. 

On 12/28/2021 at 8:33 AM, Sarge said:

Nice. Not $107 nice.

That $107 price includes the entire belt ICEVent system (belt and holster pads).  Just buy the holster ice pad.  It is $18 on Qore's site, but I found it for $16 on Triarc's Website.

https://www.triarcsystems.com/product/qore-icevents-aero-holster-pad/

Edited by Boomstick303

I ened up making a whole new backer that's a little bigger. I heated it up, put a bend in it and guled more foam rubber from Amazon on it. 

I'm shooting (hopefully if it doesn't get snowed out) uspsa this Sunday so I'll have a better test of it. The holster itself is amazing with the plastic sti grip. I'll find out in a couple of days how good it is with the metal CK grip. 20220102_182350_resized.thumb.jpg.8c5537dd404fbd503bb31f319444fcc2.jpg20220102_182355_resized.thumb.jpg.1e3c064d4f5e5bc473f90a32407070b7.jpg