Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bill Chunn

Bakerjd

Not sure if it's really my place to post this but he was a great friend. 

@BillChunn passed away from a sever stroke today. He was the very first person I talked to when I started USPSA. I walked in to a Tuesday night practice at Detroit Sportsmans Congress and probably looked like I was lost. He came up and was as friendly and just jumped right into explaining how everything worked and what to do. I could always count on him to be there with loads of info, a good joke, and a helping hand. He recently helped start up USPSA and SCSA at another local club in MI at Oakland County Sportsmans Club. 

I'll sure miss ya buddy! 

I'll update this when I get more info.

Josh Baker

I'm still in a state of shock from the call I got last night from Bill's son Brad.  This is going to leave quite a hole in the shooting community here in Michigan.  Having shot with Bill since the 90's I have met few that were as giving to our sport.  He will be sorely missed. 

On 12/23/2021 at 11:59 AM, ima45dv8 said:

He was a wonderful ambassador for our sport, and gave a lot to the effort.

I never met him in person. . .I only knew him from this forum. He seemed a very good man.

RIP, Bill. 

Indeed. SE Michigan won’t be the same without Bill on the range. 

I'm still kinda in shock about this. I'm going to see about passing on these kind words to his wife and son. Also I've heard the memorial services will be after the holiday. 

I really wish I had gotten the parts to build my ultimate 10/22 with him now and not skipped out on last Sundays SCSA match. 

Josh

Edited by Bakerjd

• 3 weeks later...

We had our January Steel Challenge match today and Bill's wife, kids and extended family were there for the start of it.  I'm extremely touched they spread some of his ashes on the range.  This sport meant so much to Bill and this final act is testament to that.  Bill was instrumental in helping me get SCSA underway as Oakland County Sportsmans Club just this past November and we will miss him greatly.   Cool thing is every time we shoot at our club, he will be with us!   

17 minutes ago, LtdShooter said:

We had our January Steel Challenge match today and Bill's wife, kids and extended family were there for the start of it.  I'm extremely touched they spread some of his ashes on the range.  This sport meant so much to Bill and this final act is testament to that.  Bill was instrumental in helping me get SCSA underway as Oakland County Sportsmans Club just this past November and we will miss him greatly.   Cool thing is every time we shoot at our club, he will be with us!   

A big testament to what Bill meant to our sport and the people who knew him.