Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a plastic USPSA target outline

I saw this on a subreddit, it was basically a sheet of plastic with the outline of the perfs cut out so you laid it over cardboard and spray painted the outline to make your uspsa target. Was like ~$20. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction because now I can’t find it. 

2 minutes ago, RePete said:

I gleened this from this forum.

BAgHlFS.jpg

Nice! I saw that in another post and I may do that, but the plastic seemed like a better route to go first. Able to be rolled up and all that, but I do have some dry fire targets I can butcher to make a stencil. 

Get a real target and lay it down on your cardboard. Use a push-pin tack to mark the vertices of the scoring zones by pushing it through the target at the corners of the scoring zones. Use the holes in the cardboard to mark the zones. 

I’ve got some Masonite that I was making one out of. Appliance stores are a good source of nice flat, large cardboard. A dressmakers marking wheel works great for punching the lines. 

3B17077D-C7D7-4740-A59A-6C0F04017E31.jpeg

Edited by Farmer

3 minutes ago, Farmer said:

I’ve got some Masonite that I was making one out of. Appliance stores are a good source of nice flat, large cardboard. 

Nice! I was thinking of hitting up places like sams club or lowes to see if they have any free boxes, worst case scenario Home Depot has large moving boxes you can buy and make 4 targets with each 

1 minute ago, Obvious said:

Nice! I was thinking of hitting up places like sams club or lowes to see if they have any free boxes, worst case scenario Home Depot has large moving boxes you can buy and make 4 targets with each 

Yep! Hot water tank boxes, fridge & freezer ect, and most of it is free. 

10 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I think you can buy pre made targets?

when I looked it was like 60-70 bucks for a pack of 100 before shipping. Money saved on targets can be spent on ammo to train more 

Edited by Obvious

Even the shoot targets only need a couple pieces of tape for the most part.  Good way to get hardcover without the work of making them (Btw, Black Steel Target Paint works great for painting HC).  Once the scoring area is shot up, cut off the black and staple or clip it to a new target.

31 minutes ago, Sarge said:

If you shoot matches the MD will probably give you the used targets for practice. NS targets usually only have a few holes in them

Oh yeah I’ve definitely got a few of them! I like to keep the not so shot up ones for dry fire though