Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bylaws Changes, WITHOUT COMMENTARY

obsessiveshooter

In line with the proposed change to equipment rule changes, I think all rule changes that aren't grammatical, clarifications, rulings, or correcting errors should follow the same process.

For example, if they wanted to increase or decrease penalty points value (extremely unlikely, clearly), that should go through same process if they wanted to change holster rules for a particular division. Something like a misspelling or editing a passage to be more obvious doesn't need the same process - just a notice that they are doing it and an effective date.

I found this on Facebook which is someone's attempt at a change log:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/x997deyf63zh37z/combined_comparison.pdf?dl=0

I'd be interested in seeing discussion on the new bylaws before I provide comments.  I know that can't be done on this site, so does anyone know where this discussion is taking place?  If so, please PM me.  Thanks 🙂

2 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

I submitted a comment asking them to provide a document that has strikethrough for deleted text and underline for changed/added text, which is SOP for reviewing canges to legal documents.

I think they posted that today. 

They posted a document that has the changes highlighted.  That still requires a side-by-side, word-for-word comparison to identify the specific changes.  The strikethrough/underline approach makes it a lot easier to identify and understand exactly what's been changed.  Like this:

iu-5.jpeg.d1a734b939f47f1a8443350f8a2e18b3.jpeg

Edited by ltdmstr

On 12/18/2021 at 9:29 PM, BritinUSA said:

Comparison document of current/draft bylaws is HERE

I would recommend downloading the file and viewing it in a PDF viewer using two page (side-by-side) to more easily view the changes,

Awesome, thanks for sharing that link

On 12/18/2021 at 11:46 PM, ltdmstr said:

The strikethrough/underline approach makes it a lot easier to identify and understand exactly what's been changed.  Like this:

YES!!  Done this 100s of times with leases, contracts, bank dox, etc.