Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA STAGE ZERO OPEN GM

1 hour ago, regor said:

That classifier is definitely set up wrong, unless they were just copying the stage and not using it as a classifier. Hopefully the MD sorts it out with USPSA. 

image.thumb.png.3026a719df17b11f1d5dfeb7af13e9cc.png

Looks like the L shaped wall(s) at the front are too close to the shooting area. If it was intended to be the classifier it shouldn't be uploaded, because that is not how it's intended to be run.

1 hour ago, Bagellord said:

Looks like the L shaped wall(s) at the front are too close to the shooting area. If it was intended to be the classifier it shouldn't be uploaded, because that is not how it's intended to be run.

Yep. The left two targets of the middle array should not be visible from rear. That considerably changes the amount of movement required to shoot it. Not the first time I’ve seen this range mess up classifier setup in ways that make it substantially easier. Mistakes happen (we messed up one of the 20s at a classifier match and had it rescinded), but when it’s habitual you really have to wonder…

I upload these because I think people might enjoy seeing them. 

All I do is show up and shoot matches. I have nothing to do with how any stage or classifier is set up or run

I took this down because it seems like this is going to just turn into an argument 

Frankly, I had never even seen this classifier before and I generally have no idea how any of them are supposed to be set up

I just show up and shoot

On 12/17/2021 at 6:40 PM, AverageJoeShooting said:

I upload these because I think people might enjoy seeing them. 

All I do is show up and shoot matches. I have nothing to do with how any stage or classifier is set up or run

I took this down because it seems like this is going to just turn into an argument 

Frankly, I had never even seen this classifier before and I generally have no idea how any of them are supposed to be set up

I just show up and shoot

You know there’s a training journal thread and a video thread…