Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Garage dryfire setup recommendations

Kwontanamo

Need some recommendations with setting up dryfire practice. I'm pinching pennies with a threenager and a newborn on the way. Fortunately I have a pretty spacious garage to escape to for practice but I need some set up ideas to get the juices flowing. 

yep, print targets off for free. tape them around the garage in a way that one set is classifier esque and another set more like a stage. then do 25% of your practice doing the stand and shoot stuff and then the majority of it on the stage array. well balanced, variety, cheap and fun.

7 hours ago, rowdyb said:

yep, print targets off for free. tape them around the garage in a way that one set is classifier esque and another set more like a stage. then do 25% of your practice doing the stand and shoot stuff and then the majority of it on the stage array. well balanced, variety, cheap and fun.

Yes, do this. 

On 12/17/2021 at 9:40 AM, rowdyb said:

that was going to be my default option lol

On 12/17/2021 at 10:39 AM, BritinUSA said:

Rubber mats, gives you better traction and will help to prevent damage to base-pads during reload practice.

i have extra magazines that i've sacrificed as practice magazines. especially if i'm going to bang up the feed lips from practicing. 

• 2 weeks later...

“Go fast don’t suck” has stickers for sale. I believe $30. I haven’t tried them yet but apparently they are the “reusable stickers”. Something I stumbled across on IG. When I looked last time they have USPSA packs and steel challenge packs. 

On 12/31/2021 at 7:35 AM, X5SigChris said:

“Go fast don’t suck” has stickers for sale. I believe $30. I haven’t tried them yet but apparently they are the “reusable stickers”. Something I stumbled across on IG. When I looked last time they have USPSA packs and steel challenge packs. 

Hmm I’ll look into those. Thanks!

14 hours ago, coframer said:

Paper plates to simulate steel.  I only get about 8 yards distance in my garage so took some USPSA targets and cut off the D zone to downsize them.  Inexpensive especially with a newborn on the way.

👍 appreciate it!