Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 3 for CO. Weight maximizing.

Kwontanamo

9 minutes ago, Kwontanamo said:

What are people doing to get close to 59 ounces for their stock 3 extreme in CO?

Brass grips, brass extended basepad, and a flashlight with brass battery inserts. 59 5 ounces empty with mag.

Screenshot_20211206-070927_Instagram.jpg

I take it you got them from patriot tactical? I was thinking about putting in the brass guide rod over the base pads. Thoughts?

also, I thought the flashlight had to actually have a functional purpose? Otherwise that brass battery insert sounds interesting. 

Edited by Kwontanamo

5 hours ago, himurax13 said:

Brass grips, brass extended basepad, and a flashlight with brass battery inserts. 59 5 ounces empty with mag.

Screenshot_20211206-070927_Instagram.jpg

What model is this? Is this legal for CO USPSA? 

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Yagi said:

What model is this? Is this legal for CO USPSA? 

Thanks

If it’s like mine it’s a stock 3 extreme. According to the rule book the gun can weigh a max of 59 ounces with an empty mag.

only question I had with himerax13’s post is if the battery had to be functional. 

Maybe a dumb question, why do you want to make a heavy gun even more heavy?

I have been shooting Tanfos for about 6 years and currently the Stock Master (Stock 3) in CO. The recoil is very light and I found my grip is the biggest factor in control. To be honest, I've timed my draws to 1st shot and my lighter Limited Pro (IDPA legal) is actually consistently faster, but does carry a bit more recoil.

Of course a light does have a cool factor.😉

42 minutes ago, HesedTech said:

I have been shooting Tanfos for about 6 years and currently the Stock Master (Stock 3) in CO. The recoil is very light and I found my grip is the biggest factor in control. To be honest, I've timed my draws to 1st shot and my lighter Limited Pro (IDPA legal) is actually consistently faster, but does carry a bit more recoil.

Truth be told, I’m on a little hiatus and down sizing from open and I shot an Infinity IMM for the past few years. I want to get my kids into the sport and I don’t think it’s a bad idea to get them into CO before open when they are old enough. 

57 minutes ago, HesedTech said:

I’m coming from open and I had a heavier gun. Weight and expelled gas helped the recoil nearly flat on the slide. Added weight on the gun helps mimic that. For me, its more about faster follow up shots rather than recoil control. 

59 minutes ago, HesedTech said:

43 minutes ago, Kwontanamo said:

For me, its more about faster follow up shots rather than recoil control. 

Just pushing the bear, but isn't that what recoil control is all about?  Faster follow up shots. 😇

BTW, thanks for the videos of your shooting on YouTube. Great work!

Edited by HesedTech

14 minutes ago, HesedTech said:

Just pushing the bear, but isn't that what recoil control is all about?  Faster follow up shots. 😇

BTW, thanks for the videos of your shooting on YouTube. Great work!

You’re not wrong. But why not have that extra weight to help mitigate that recoil? 

2 hours ago, goshimu said:

Can you tell us more about how you’ve milled the slide for the SRO and how it’s performing?

Patriot Defense in Texas does a nock out job milling TF slides for Optics. Mine is milled for the SRO and works perfect. You will have to cut down the firing pin stop to fit and the mounting screws must be loctited or else they will, not might, back out. I also recommend checking them periodically for tightness.

The nice part of milling the slide is the dot offset is basically the same as iron sights. So close targets really don't need to have a different aim point. 

Only one issue with the SRO, which has been reported many times, when the sun is at the right angle there is occasionally a false dot. So far I have shot close to 5K with the current SRO and besides getting some carbon on the lens it has had zero issues.

Edited by HesedTech

22 hours ago, HesedTech said:

Patriot Defense in Texas does a nock out job milling TF slides for Optics. Mine is milled for the SRO and works perfect. You will have to cut down the firing pin stop to fit and the mounting screws must be loctited or else they will, not might, back out. I also recommend checking them periodically for tightness.

The nice part of milling the slide is the dot offset is basically the same as iron sights. So close targets really don't need to have a different aim point. 

Only one issue with the SRO, which has been reported many times, when the sun is at the right angle there is occasionally a false dot. So far I have shot close to 5K with the current SRO and besides getting some carbon on the lens it has had zero issues.

I also sent my gun to them to get some work done. They did an awesome trigger job as well. highly recommended.