Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deprime/resize dies for automated 1050

I just picked up a Super 1050 and reloading 9mm. I have about 2k so far cranking by hand and will be automating it with a Mark 7 autodrive. I’ll be processing brass through it first then reloading….. question is anyone got any recommendations on deprime/resize size for the autodrive?

5 minutes ago, 2muchvdos said:

I just picked up a Super 1050 and reloading 9mm. I have about 2k so far cranking by hand and will be automating it with a Mark 7 autodrive. I’ll be processing brass through it first then reloading….. question is anyone got any recommendations on deprime/resize size for the autodrive?

There’s a lot of info in a few lively discussions regarding 2 pass loading on the 1050/1100.  I’m using the FW Arms popper decapper, and added the Dillon sizing die with decapper as a backup, just in case. 

6 hours ago, 2muchvdos said:

Like everyone has said the FW auto centering is the best for depriming all brass.  As far as resizing 9mm the Dillon 9mm does a perfect job and is slightly undersized to keep neck tension. 

I personally 2 pass, deprime, resize, wet tumble without ss pins, and then dry in old food dryer. Works great.

I have the MA decapper. It isn't my favorite, mostly due to it being all aluminum. Strong pins though, punches berdan with no issue.  I just picked up a lee universal to try with the squirrel daddy pins and I also will be buying the FW arms auto centering. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 4:31 PM, N7VY said:

Ezra650, interesting idea about using 38 super dies to make the base of the 9mm a bit smaller. Thanks. 

One of my brass processing guys passed that on to me. I haven't tried it yet but I plan to.