Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended mag release for lefty?

eboggs

I shoot a gen 5 with mag release in stock position (left side) I release mag by shifting my grip and using my trigger finger. I am not a fan of switching the mag release to the right side. 

However, sometimes I find it hard to aggressively shift my grip enough to actuate the release, be it due to the aggressive stippling or grip enhancer normally used during matches. 

Anyone have an idea what extended mag release would help maybe move some of the buttons real estate forward to allow a more consistent release without shifting grip too much rearward?

pull slide back release. I can not remember in 30+ years of competition using the slide release.  

Actually have removed all the extended/ oversized . Slide stop/releases and replaced with the smaller 

versons.

1 hour ago, AHI said:

pull slide back release. I can not remember in 30+ years of competition using the slide release.  

Actually have removed all the extended/ oversized . Slide stop/releases and replaced with the smaller 

versons.

He’s asking about mag release not slide release 

As a fellow lefty shooting a gen 4 with extended release, I use my middle finger with just a slight grip change. I practice a fair amount with single shot and mag change to try to build the muscle memory. I’ve never been one to swap mag release to thumb side, I think it would confuse me with the use of other guns. 

I have several Gen 3 Glocks that I shoot. (17, 30, 26 & 34)  I've always just used my trigger finger and slightly changed my grip to release the mag.  I've never liked the extended mag release.   In the last couple of years,  I have found other platforms that are lefty friendly, but the way I drop the mags on Glocks will never change.