Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy old shooter

Davecambell

Hi, old guy here too! On my 34s, I added tungsten guide rod, KKM stainless barrel, Apex extractor, Tungsten grip plug, grip tape, Dawson fiber optic adjustable sights, Lone Wolf locking block and an after market competition trigger. Vanek, Johnny Glock and Timney are all good choices. Hope this helps. 

I would toss out this idea.... glocks are competition ready from the get go.  I've been competing for over 20 years & the number of stock glocks that had issues unrelated to poor ammo could be counted on 10 fingers.  The number of glocks made competition ready with issues could fill a pickup bed.  I am not picking on people modifying their glock but I am picking on them buying all kinds of fancy crap the latest greatest make your glock a race gun stuff & destroying the best thing about a glock & that is it's out of the box reliability & durability.   I shot glocks from 1998 until about 2015 & I modified them slightly but always always 1 mod at a time & plenty of time at the range making certain it worked in my gun with my ammo.  My last limited glock had an aftermarket barrel, modified stock trigger & fiber optic sights.  I shot that gun for 12ish years with only a few spring changes.  I am sure I had a jam or 2 but I don't remember having any.  Shot barrel nearly smooth.   Lol.  Also stick with factory mags...

I'm not telling you what to do just tossing out some ideas