Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armanov RL1100 toolhead

To ad one last thing. I just bought an autodrive for my RL1100 and added the bronze bushing that replaces the assist spring so the head won't torque. Well, the Armanov tool head is recessed to accommodate their led but it causes the tool head to hit the bushing before the press bottoms out. No problem when press is set up from factory. For this reason I will be selling the tool head to buy another Dillon.

• 3 months later...
On 7/16/2022 at 2:38 PM, jubi351 said:

To ad one last thing. I just bought an autodrive for my RL1100 and added the bronze bushing that replaces the assist spring so the head won't torque. Well, the Armanov tool head is recessed to accommodate their led but it causes the tool head to hit the bushing before the press bottoms out. No problem when press is set up from factory. For this reason I will be selling the tool head to buy another Dillon.

I sold mine for the same reason. Extra thickness of the toolhead prevents a full press travel due to contact with the brass guide rod bushibg. Also, setting up the dies in the bushings is a major pain. You barely have any threads exposed for your lock ring, even on dillon dies. 

I have had nothing but great experience with Armanov and am a supporter of their company/brand.... but they need to ditch the LNL bushing idea. Even being an aluminum head if they simply did all threaded stations (with the priming station threaded) I'm sure they would sell way more heads and be able to produce them even cheaper.