Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Win 231

Cowguy

4 minutes ago, Cowguy said:

How does this powder work in 9minor,40 major and 45acp for uspsa shooting? I think I can get a couple of kegs and in the current supply environment I’m looking at options.

Google 45ACP powders and 231 always comes in near the top. I use it on the rare occasions I load 9minor and it’s good. 

I've loaded a ton of it in 45.  Works fine albeit a bit sooty.   Nothing I can't live with though.    I'm currently loading in 9mm minor with 124 coated bullets.   Works just fine there too.   It meters well and consistently.   A bit sooty but it wipes off easily. 

I wouldn't hesitate to use it. 

3 hours ago, Cowguy said:

How does this powder work in 9minor,40 major and 45acp for uspsa shooting? I think I can get a couple of kegs and in the current supply environment I’m looking at options.

If you can get it for a fair price nowadays, jump on it. Like others have said it can be a bit sooty but nothing bad. Very versatile powder. 

I use it almost exclusively for 40S&W and am very happy with it.  I usually use 5.0 to 5.2 grains under 165 grain bullets to get upwards of 950fps from a 4.25" M&P.   If shooting 180 grain bullets, I usually use around 4.7 gns to get upwards of 850fps.  Decent SDs from most loads.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy another tub if I could find it at a decent price.

• 3 weeks later...