Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you have enough components for next season?

Sandbagger123

1 hour ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

Seems like it 🤣

I’ve been casting for 15 years. 

but if I can buy factory 9mm for my CO gun I don’t have to dip into my SPP reserves. I’d rather load .40 for Limited than 9mm for CO. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/24/2021 at 8:27 AM, AverageJoeShooting said:

I have lots of other hobbies including restoring boats

Haha, you don't want to spend a little more money on components to reload but you are going to get more into, not just boats in general, but restoring them? 

11 hours ago, broadside72 said:

Haha, you don't want to spend a little more money on components to reload but you are going to get more into, not just boats in general, but restoring them? 

well...i mean im getting the boats for almost free, and i already own the shop and equipment for restoration..

so its actually just more of my own time that goes into it

I suppose if i had to buy the boats or components it might be a ton of money, and occassionally when i run out of materials i might have to go get more, but boat supplies are a lot more available than gun supplies.

10 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

lol

my buddy owns an  impound lot/junkyard you wouldnt believe how little money i pay him to take those boats off his hands. 

I fix them up in my shop and then resell them and or go take them to the lake and fish with them

I don't doubt it sometimes boats don't need much and people just don't feel like fooling with it and they sit there until they are junk 

At the rate I shoot matches, I have enough primers to shoot for the next 10 years.  I don't know if I should shoot more matches or just continue to enjoy the sport at the rate I am.  I'm also a SASS member and shoot that and steel challenge as well.

• 1 month later...

No, I'll run out of primers if I continue live-fire practice on Saturdays and Sundays and a USPSA match on Mondays and can't replenish primers.  I check local Bruno's Shooter Supply periodically, was able to get some primers a couple of months ago.

I've decided to conserve what primers I have for my open major ammo, and buy minor 9mm ammo for my CO guns. Ammo is much more available now than primers. Even if it isn't ideal ammo, for lost brass matches, Blazer aluminum and steel case will be fine. 

• 1 month later...