Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AlphaWolf SIG P320 Skeletonized Extractor 9mm Stainless Steel?

ahfox32

Not sure why you would need it.  Not hating on the product but you need to be replacing extractors as a part of your regular maintenance.  Replacing $45 extractors does not make a lot a sense budget wise as the extractor is a wear part that works fine when replaced at proper intervals. 

Edited by Boomstick303

Last Saturday in a SC match a squad member had an extractor break during a stage. Luckily he had a backup gun with him. No idea if/when he changes extractors (he will change it now) but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. A match is a perfect time for a gremlin to decide to show up. 🙃

What's the recommended round count for changing extractors?

57 minutes ago, ahfox32 said:

Last Saturday in a SC match a squad member had an extractor break during a stage. Luckily he had a backup gun with him. No idea if/when he changes extractors (he will change it now) but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. A match is a perfect time for a gremlin to decide to show up. 🙃

I agree these wear items need to be changed on a regular basis. My post was mostly making fun of the description of this "fancy" aftermarket item, because OEM extractor works just fine as far as I know.

I don't know the recommended round count for P320 extractor. The extractor on my P320X5 holds up fine at 45K and counting (it is my practice pistol). So the backup extractor is still staying in the range bag.

5 hours ago, ahfox32 said:

The official number from sig is 20k for the extractor and spring. The parts will go well beyond this number, I have some practice guns with over 100k on all original parts, minus the recoil spring. 

That said, I change the extractor and all the springs on my match gun every year regardless of round count. It’s less than $50 in parts and IMO cheap insurance. 

2 hours ago, Rich406 said:

That said, I change the extractor and all the springs on my match gun every year regardless of round count. It’s less than $50 in parts and IMO cheap insurance. 

Thanks for reminding me. I'm way overdue. 

• 3 weeks later...