Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who makes replacement MOS plates?

Cuz

Not aware of others, but the FCD is working well for me for many thousand rounds on two G34s. The owner is very responsive. I had one plate that wasn't quite flush with the slide. He immediately put a few in the mail for me to try.

On the other hand, there are lots of negative reviews for CHPWS.

FCD is my go to. They make QUALITY stuff….

I’m running them on my 34 MOSs with SRO’s.

I refuse to buy CHPWS out of personal reasons anymore, and I believe the FCD plates are of better quality anyway after using the CH plates for quite some time. 

Edited by eboggs

I have a CHPWS plate on my P-10C.  It holds the optic extremely snugly, to the point that the optic's screws need to do very little work.

It's an excellent design and well executed.  I base my opinion on 26 years of manufacturing experience.

I've heard some drama going on around the internet with their name on it.  I don't really care as I don't pay attention to that.  I have a good product from them and that's all I care about.

1 hour ago, SGT_Schultz said:

I have a CHPWS plate on my P-10C.  It holds the optic extremely snugly, to the point that the optic's screws need to do very little work.

It's an excellent design and well executed.  I base my opinion on 26 years of manufacturing experience.

I've heard some drama going on around the internet with their name on it.  I don't really care as I don't pay attention to that.  I have a good product from them and that's all I care about.

I’m glad it works for you. I have one “like new” in my pile of spare crap that I doubt I’ll ever use. The concept is interesting for sure, but it’s not for me. 

I’ll give the FCD plate a try and see if I like that one better. I hope so, these parts start to add up after a while $$$. 

29 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

How did it not work?

I think I’ve covered it at least once in one of these “MOS” threads. I think the screws are too thin and they break too easily. I like the concept of the threaded posts. It should make for a more secure mount, but it doesn’t work out that way for me. 

In addition to the spare one, I currently have one on my G41 with a Holosun 507C mounted to it. I rarely shoot the gun, so I hope it will last, but I don’t have any confidence in it. 

But, just to show you how little I know, I did trust the Glock MOS plate over the C&H for my SRO, and that’s the one that sheared off on me. So now I’ll try the FCD plate. 

If that doesn’t work I’ll buy a non-MOS slide and send it off to be milled for RMR. But I’m hoping I don’t have to do that. I’d much rather spend the money on primers…

40 minutes ago, Cuz said:

I think I’ve covered it at least once in one of these “MOS” threads. I think the screws are too thin and they break too easily.

They are #4-40 screws going into aluminum threads.  They need very little torque because the optic (at least mine) fit very snugly on the front recoil bosses and on the threaded posts of the plate.

10 in-lb would be as high as I go, and with medium strength thread locker.