Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who makes the heaviest

Pat B.

the one from the glock store is the heaviest i've found, (gen 5 34)  pretty sure it does take the 1911 wolff spring but I made a bushing so it accepts glock wolff springs, is a pretty heavy bugger, its the "pure tungsten" one btw  image.jpeg.10b986a470e632746043024250cdad42.jpeg

Edited by Sinister4

16 minutes ago, Sinister4 said:

Have to weight it but my guess is 3x as heavy as the jager steel ones, its stout for sure

I don't remember exact weight but the stock one weighs like nothing. My TTI steel one was like 1.4 oz and jentra around 3. 

I'm just curious if the 34 length one adds a lot more weight for costing twice as much as my jentra.

40 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

I don't remember exact weight but the stock one weighs like nothing. My TTI steel one was like 1.4 oz and jentra around 3. 

I'm just curious if the 34 length one adds a lot more weight for costing twice as much as my jentra.

well weighed it on a lab scale   3.4 oz    be interesting if you could weigh the jentra on a accurate scale to compare  tungsten is 2.5 times the weight of steel FYI  

Edited by Sinister4

Ok, I was wrong, I went back and looked at my notes for all 3 on a postage scale I used.

Stock was 0.6 oz

TTI was 1.2oz 

Jentra was 2.4 oz.

So the glockstore is an ounce heavier compared to the jentra. I'm sure a lot of that is due to the additional length but it's also a lot more in cost. I can definitely feel a difference between all 3 and would love to try the glockstore one but I'm not going to spend that kind of money for an ounce. But I will email jentra again and ask them to make a 34 specific one.

I ran a 34 in IDPA many years. KKM match barrel, tungsten rods, low recoil springs, trigger jobs right @ 2#. my advise is unless you are close to master level, save your money.

I was middle of the pack when I started and after a decade of shooting I was still middle of the pack.

with a torch and a drill/dremil, I can make a Glock trigger scare you, but I'm still middle of the pack.

crazy world we are living in.

Comes down to the individual.  I went through a variety of ways to make my G34 heavier when the weight limit went up and now my gun is pretty much back to where it was before I did that.

Probably have some of those pieces laying around...I should sell them