Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for good quality USPSA shooting glasses around $100 or less

tl511

Need helping buying my first quality pair of shooting glasses.  I’ve been using cheap-o Walmart specials.  I’m a B class shooter in Carry Optics.  Would maybe like a kit that has a few different color lenses for different light.  Comfort is important as for the ear-muffs I wear for hours at a time.  Would prefer to stay at or under $100, but would consider a little more for quality setup.

Suggestions of favorite glasses?  

47 minutes ago, tl511 said:

Does anyone have experience with ESS?  They are ballistic rated which is a must. 

I have used them in a variety of different lens colors, I prefer a lite shade, but since my vision has gone down hill I have prescription ones now along with HD Gold in prescription. But the ESS worked very well for me at the time.

I have the ESS Crossbows kit with clear, smoke, and copper lenses and the standard, and suppressor (thin) frames.  They're fantastic, especially considering that full kit goes for about 100 bucks.  I've never tried HD Golds but it's hard to imagine they're two to three times better.

LA Police Gear runs closeout on Oakley's all the time, $80 for Crossrange with grey Prizm lenses

https://lapolicegear.com/oakley-oo9361-2057-si-crossrange-sunglasses.html

They have several other Oakley's that are closeout as well, also right now Costco has Oakley Halfjackets for $85 and $109 (sapphire lens)