Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Everything I learned about Grip & Recoil Control in 5 years, by shooting Limited and Making GM

Stepan

Originally this video was scripted and rewritten a few times, but last version of the blog post is a bit rushed and might have formatting and spelling mistakes, if you report any - I would greatly appreciate it.

As some context - I'm a software engineer with no physical labor / job and average upper body strength. To make things worse - I shot Limited for a while with CZ P-09 and factory or even purple brass .40 ammo, which is absolutely idiotic looking back at it. Then with STI and still factory .40

All that made recoil my biggest problem in USPSA. So I messed with it a lot, and the result is all that braindump above.

Hope it helps someone, I almost killed my laptop editing it 😃

Nice job! Great advice, clear speech, and good video angles. Good recommendations for gym workouts although I use kettlebells instead of dumbells. KB's demand grip strength even for overhead lifts. I did find the background music a little distracting and unnecessary.

19 hours ago, lgh said:

I did find the background music a little distracting and unnecessary.

Thanks for the feedback, few people commented on the same music vs voice loudness problem and I'm uploading an alternative no-music version. SD is ready, HD should process Sunday morning: https://youtu.be/clETIBAW89w

(added link to the description of the original video as well)

Edited by Stepan
no-music version link added

• 2 months later...