Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Q5 SF Pro question...

jakfrost1

Enjoying the SF Pro, but wondering if anyone has an answer to my question...after removing the factory ‘magwell’ in order to be compliant with Production Optics, ( or even just Production for that matter ), I have been experiencing a problem with the base of the grip allowing my hand to get in the way when doing a mag change, jamming ( rather painfully...) part of my hand where it extends slightly past the base of the grip. I have pretty normal sized hands, but without the magwell installed the grip is a little shorter and its a problem on occasion. 

Has anyone seen something that could be fitted to replace the magwell that isn’t a magwell per se? It looks like something is missing when the magwell is removed anyway...

Jim 

This is the biggest complaint/issue with the PPQ. Buy some canik 18 round mags they are slightly longer and don't cause that issue. The mags are completely functional I use the for carry optics without issues. They are also way more affordable than walther mags.

https://akaicustomparts.com/product/carry-optics-no-pinchy-pinch-base-pad/

IMG_3131-1.jpg

Edited by a_whole_lot_of_freedom
More details

Thanks for the reply...seems its a pretty common complaint. So all I have to do is pin the mags to max 10rds to be legal here north of new york and no more jammed hands! 

Thanks, appreciate the link to the 'Pinchy Pinch' base pads, lol. 

Jim W. 

• 2 weeks later...