Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW BLUE BULLET 9mm 147GN RN PROFILE CHANGE

TheGoatMumbler

I had a sizer plug that didn’t fit a new cast bullet nose profile so I coated the bullet with release agent and filled the plug with JB weld. Lowered the plug onto the bullet wiped off the excess  and let it dry. Perfect fit. Only problem with doing a seating stem is that you better make darn sure there’s no extra JB oozing into the die. 

On 11/3/2021 at 4:43 AM, Cuz said:

Did Blue say why they changed their profile?  Seems like that’s a big decision to make, there must be a reason. And, if your having issues, then you would think a lot of others using the Dillon seating die would also start having similar problems. 

May be an image of text that says 'Hey Sebastian They changed a while back as our old molds got worn out. The second picture looks to be an old profile. A new profile and a 125TC. Were these mixed in one of the the bags or? Thanks Nathan The Blue Bullets'

On 11/7/2021 at 4:49 AM, TheGoatMumbler said:

After sneaking up on it after about 8-10 tries the circular dimple went away at about .196 or 7/32.

Thanks!!!! I wanted to try this but my drill press is a pos and has too much runout.  Was hoping someone else would eventually figure out the right size and I can ask someone with a lathe to do it.