Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro cut slide and romeo3

Bakerjd

I've looked all over for an answer and have come up empty. Has anyone mounted a R3max or xl, Rts2 or alpha 3 to the pro cut slide yet? I want to get the AGX Pro and put the brass grips on it but I really don't want to use the R1pro sight. 

Thanks

Josh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been using a Springer Precision adapter plate on my X-Five Legion (same cut as the AXG) and it works quite well.  Sits a bit taller, but it isnt a big deal at all and you'll get used to it very quick and no permanent modification needed.

7 minutes ago, jsykes said:

I've been using a Springer Precision adapter plate on my X-Five Legion (same cut as the AXG) and it works quite well.  Sits a bit taller, but it isnt a big deal at all and you'll get used to it very quick and no permanent modification needed.

I don't think X5 Legion and AXG are the same cut, although they both accept R1P/DPP.

Yes, they are.  All Sigs currently in production use the same footprint.

The difference is that the Legion loses the rear sight, while the AXG and pro cuts keep the rear sight and also have extra holes for RMR footprint sights. 

They may not make a plate for the pro cut since the rear sight might be in the way for the larger footprint of the R3s.  But it might be something to look into.

Respectfully, I believe the Legion and AXG Pro slides have a different footprint. I spoke to Springer Precision today and they confirmed it. The good news is they will modify a Pro slide to accept Legion Springer optics plates, meaning a Romeo 3 Max or XL will work on a Pro slide. 

20 hours ago, GJM said:

Respectfully, I believe the Legion and AXG Pro slides have a different footprint. I spoke to Springer Precision today and they confirmed it.

They do not.  I work in the industry and sell Sigs all day long.  The actual shape and drill pattern for the two slides is identical, both are designed to take the Romeo 1 Pro or Leupold Delta Point Pro.

The only difference, which I did forget about the first time I posted, is that the Legion is a plate that has the rear sight integrated into it.  Therefore, when you remove the plate, you remove the rear sight and have more room toward the rear of the slide.

The pro cut slides retain the rear sight when the plate is removed, therefore there is not as much room.  This is what would allow the Springer plate and Romeo 3 to work on a Legion slide, but probably not on a pro cut slide, since the rear sight would get in the way for the larger footprint of the Romeo 3.

That is the only thing I could think of that would cause Springer to say the mounts are different footprints.  But they are in fact, not different as to what sights directly mount to them.

And yes, the Max is a different slide altogether and does fit the Romeo3 directly.

Directly from Sig's website:

Pro-cut slide

Factory replacement PRO-CUT Slide Assembly for the P320 Full-Size 9mm.

Features:

- Optic ready with sight cover plate (ROMEO1PRO and Delta Point Pro footprint)

From the P320 Legion description:

All of these new features coupled with the removable magwell & grip weight, Romeo1PRO optic-ready slide,

1 hour ago, jsykes said:

The only difference, which I did forget about the first time I posted, is that the Legion is a plate that has the rear sight integrated into it.  Therefore, when you remove the plate, you remove the rear sight and have more room toward the rear of the slide.

1 hour ago, jsykes said:

This was what I meant -- they have the same footprint to receive R1P/DPP but are different CUT.

On 12/21/2021 at 9:57 PM, GJM said:

Respectfully, I believe the Legion and AXG Pro slides have a different footprint. I spoke to Springer Precision today and they confirmed it. The good news is they will modify a Pro slide to accept Legion Springer optics plates, meaning a Romeo 3 Max or XL will work on a Pro slide. 

This is good news indeed. I'll be getting in touch with springer here soon.