Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grayguns p320 slides

Rich406

7 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

Received the kit yesterday. I was expecting it finished in silver but it is finished in black. Oh well. Still sexy, lol

Now I am having an issue. I swapped the slide kits on my P320 (X5 slide kit with AXG grip module) that had been running fine and all of a sudden, I have a semi- dead trigger. Pulling the trigger (Legacy GG Comp Kit) does not release the striker most of the time as if Over-Travel is not enough but when I pull the slide forward in its ‘battery’, the striker gets released. I have never had this phenomenon. Emailed GG’s customer service about this issue but I am kind of bummed a bit.

Legion FCU

Legacy GG Comp Kit (no over-travel adjustment. Just a piece of sleeve)

AGX grip module

Does it release if you put an empty mag in the gun?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

Does it release if you put an empty mag in the gun?

No, sir but it does when I have dummy rounds in a mag, which holds the slide up. Yes, I do have the infamous vertical movement of slide. 

4 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

No, sir but it does when I have dummy rounds in a mag, which holds the slide up. Yes, I do have the infamous vertical movement of slide. 

I run several guns that tight on the overtravel. If it cleanly releases the striker with a mag inserted, it’s generally good to go. 

that said, if it bothers you, the problem is you need to slightly reduce the overtravel on the trigger shoe. The old grayguns trigger kit doesn’t have that option.

one thing to check is is the trigger stop pin is slightly bent, this can easily reduce the overtravel and make the trigger not work. Other than that, there probably isn’t much you can do with the kit you have. 

I make my long story too short. Actually I had their adjustable comp trigger first and adjusted its over-travel back and forth with no success. Then I changed it to the legacy trigger with the same result. Oh, when I did that, I replaced the tripper stop pin as well. The original pin was not bent.

Just swapped the Legend FCU to the one from the X-five and now it works. Scratching my ear but at least, I have one working setup!

3 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

Received the kit yesterday. I was expecting it finished in silver but it is finished in black. Oh well. Still sexy, lol

Now I am having an issue. I swapped the slide kits on my P320 (X5 slide kit with AXG grip module) that had been running fine and all of a sudden, I have a semi- dead trigger. Pulling the trigger (Legacy GG Comp Kit) does not release the striker most of the time as if Over-Travel is not enough but when I pull the slide forward in its ‘battery’, the striker gets released. I have never had this phenomenon. Emailed GG’s customer service about this issue but I am kind of bummed a bit.

Legion FCU

Legacy GG Comp Kit (no over-travel adjustment. Just a piece of sleeve)

AGX grip module

You probably already tried this: Pulled the over travel sleeve out?

Edited by ddc
typo

On 11/23/2022 at 9:33 PM, ddc said:

You probably already tried this: Pulled the over travel sleeve out?

Yeah, I have. The striker gets released but with a significant delay. The trigger still struggles.

anyways, my last hypothesis was that the sear surface was worn out, creating a greater drag and pulling the slide (striker) downward. To prove that, I swapped the GG kit sear with a brand new factory sear that I’d kept in my parts bin and voila, the issue is gone now and the vertical movement of the slide is much reduced.
The sear surface of the GG sear shows some wear and when I run a finger nail, I feel a step on it. It’s 3+ years old. 

im now thinking to get a replacement trigger kit. I might go with one from SA this time.

Edited by jaep1911

On 11/8/2021 at 10:21 PM, Boomstick303 said:

Whos barrel?  One that GG manufactuers or do they out source it?

It's more of a bull barrel than the X-carry Legion I have.  I don't think GGI makes barrels, but they do cut them down to fit their slides.  

• 2 weeks later...

Been thinking of changing up my Sig xFive Legion by going to a different slide. Was thinking ether an AXG Pro Slide or maybe the GrayGun Modern Classic 4.7" bull. I was hoping to accomplish two things by changing up the slide:

1) better accuracy

2) slightly faster cycle rate and little more pointable/change of target

If I go with the AXG slide thinking I might need to go with a Barstow barrel or something. Anyone experienced both and have a recommendation or thoughts on it.

13 hours ago, Wrathen said:

Been thinking of changing up my Sig xFive Legion by going to a different slide. Was thinking ether an AXG Pro Slide or maybe the GrayGun Modern Classic 4.7" bull. I was hoping to accomplish two things by changing up the slide:

1) better accuracy

2) slightly faster cycle rate and little more pointable/change of target

If I go with the AXG slide thinking I might need to go with a Barstow barrel or something. Anyone experienced both and have a recommendation or thoughts on it.

What is your budget?

If you go with GG then you have a complete solution at the point in time that it arrives.

If you go AXG Pro Slide + Barsto then you may need gunsmith assistance unless you are comfortable fitting it yourself.

@ddc I can manage both if one route is better than the other. Just not sure which would end up better. Also as an option is if I pick up an AXG Pro I have a second "gun" or could sell the parts I don't use. I'm leaning the GG slide route 

1 hour ago, Wrathen said:

@ddc I can manage both if one route is better than the other. Just not sure which would end up better. Also as an option is if I pick up an AXG Pro I have a second "gun" or could sell the parts I don't use. I'm leaning the GG slide route 

That would be my inclination as well. I have a GG slide/barrel and am very satisfied.

I have no experience with Sigs AXG Pro slides but I would guess that with a gunsmith fitted Barsto barrel that would be a very nice option as well.

Edited by ddc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just update on my Lockwood slide. I had some concern about he origami kit, so i contacted GG and they said “ send it back”. 

they fitted a new GG custom barrel from Faxon and it’s fantastic. It took about two months to get it back but their customer service is second to none. Using the custom barrel from Faxon might be the direction going forward and it is fully supported :)

And the vertical movement of the slide when I pull the trigger is completely gone. My best guess is that the locking lug is now better fitted. 

A happy camper here 

18 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

Just update on my Lockwood slide. I had some concern about he origami kit, so i contacted GG and they said “ send it back”. 

Origami?

On 4/16/2023 at 3:31 PM, jaep1911 said:

they fitted a new GG custom barrel from Faxon and it’s fantastic. It took about two months to get it back but their customer service is second to none. Using the custom barrel from Faxon might be the direction going forward and it is fully supported :)

And the vertical movement of the slide when I pull the trigger is completely gone. My best guess is that the locking lug is now better fitted. 

A happy camper here 

Interesting, as I have one of the first batches with the SIG barrel. Now interesting to see they went custom Faxon.

6 minutes ago, LMS said:

So are they all faxon now or was this a special request?

I was told that they switched to a custom barrel made by faxson so that they wouldn’t have to cut and recrown the oem barrel. Big time saver I’m sure. 
 No idea if the chamber support issue played into it. 

1 hour ago, Rich406 said:

I was told that they switched to a custom barrel made by Faxon so that they wouldn’t have to cut and recrown the oem barrel. Big time saver I’m sure. 
 No idea if the chamber support issue played into it. 

I just emailed Keith. You are correct. Time frame...the Sig barrels were hard to get and back ordered extensively (4-6 months at times. that was the delay with my slide) and with the faxon they save time because the dimensions are 90% to their spec and they do not have to weld the barrels up like the Sig ones.

BUT, it does allow them to get a bit tighter relationship between the barrel/slide/fcu...how much...he didn't say. Its a yes/no answer. They "tightened up some tolerances".

Edited by mrvip27

54 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

I love the new barrel. Fit right all over. As I said, there is no more vertical movement of the slide when I pull the trigger slowly. It’s now just like my original X5 combo.

A close up picture of a round sitting in the barrel would be much appreciated, so we can see if the support is better than the sig barrels.

15 hours ago, LMS said:

A close up picture of a round sitting in the barrel would be much appreciated, so we can see if the support is better than the sig barrels.

Here you go. Compared with the Legion barrel (w/ the LCI cut out). There is no recess/ step on the Faxon 

IMG_1310.jpeg

IMG_1309.jpeg

IMG_1308.jpeg

Keith mentioned if you want to swap the sig barrel to the faxon on your older Lockwood its about $300.

All new lockwoods come with the faxon.

He suggested not to swap out unless you've shot out your barrel, or you are having accuracy inconsistencies. 

Edited by mrvip27

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 12:44 AM, mrvip27 said:

Looks like a factory x5 barrel

I believe the Faxon Barrel is made for GG and the Lockwood slides if I am reading their website correctly.  I do know that my barrel doesn't say Sig on it.

Just now, Smitty7364 said:

I believe the Faxon Barrel is made for GG and the Lockwood slides if I am reading their website correctly.  I do know that my barrel doesn't say Sig on it.

Personally commissioned and designed by USPSA Grand Master Isaac Lockwood, this P320 slide is designed explicitly for Carry Optics and has the following features.

• 4.7-inch full-size slide with optimal mass balance and aggressive texture
  • A custom Faxon bull barrel manufactured to Grayguns specifications and hand-fitted for the 4.7-inch slide length
  • Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) or Bead-Blasted finish

We’ve provided a fast but very soft and flat shooter by balancing this particular combination of slide and barrel mass. The red dot tracks more consistently in the window for many who have tried this combination.