Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grayguns p320 slides

Rich406

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my communications with GG, the 4.7" slide uses the Sig X5 5" bull barrel, shortened to 4.7" and then custom fit to the slide. They may try to source a Barsto, but have had difficulty with supply. I have the 4.7" Modern Classic slide on order (similar style to OP).

Speaking of 4.7" slides, when using an uncaptured guide rod like the GG Custom Fat, would one use a standard 1911 spring designed for the 5" slides? Or does the spring need to be cut? 

Here is some more detail from a Reddit posting:

These are bull barrels for the p320 5” we are cutting them down and stuffing them into a 4.7” slide. The barrel hood dimensions are just a little off so we weld the hood up and refit them, tighter than what the factory would do.

1 hour ago, elm3c said:

Speaking of 4.7" slides, when using an uncaptured guide rod like the GG Custom Fat, would one use a standard 1911 spring designed for the 5" slides? Or does the spring need to be cut? 

I was also curious in how this works.

So if you look at the 4.7" Slide barrel setup, did they get the idea from Atlas "prefect return to zero" 9mm  where the barrel/slide is 4.6" long?  Maybe GG played around with the length of slide and barrel to get to that 4.7" for the P320 Platform?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/29/2021 at 6:07 PM, Rich406 said:

Grayguns is starting to release their custom p320 uppers to the general public. I received mine and was able to put a few rounds through it. 

The upper looks to be 100% oem p320 legion sig parts, however the slide is cut differently and the barrel is hand fit to the slide. The biggest gripe I’ve had with the stock legion for years has been the terrible accuracy. There is no such problem with the GG slide. I shot several different types of ammo through it and all grouped 1” or less at 20 yards from a rest. I’d typically see 2-4” with the same variety of ammo through a stock legion. 

The fit and finish of the slide is top notch. The optic pocket is cut very tight and the optic has to be pressed in. 

Overall I’m pretty happy with it and look forward to putting more rounds through it. 

B5715A8B-5A4C-4F09-B0C6-DD612B507685.jpeg

How's the recoil impulse compared to the factory slide? I'm curious because the GG slide doesn't have the windows on the top of the slide.  It looks like it'd be heavier but I know they take weight out elsewhere so that could make up the difference. 

2 hours ago, AZ123456 said:

How's the recoil impulse compared to the factory slide? I'm curious because the GG slide doesn't have the windows on the top of the slide.  It looks like it'd be heavier but I know they take weight out elsewhere so that could make up the difference. 

its no different than the OEM slide.

23 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Awesome!  

Looking forward to some detailed reports once you've spent some time with it!

👍

If it doesn't transform me into a Master class shooter, well, I'm gonna be MAD!   🤓

1 hour ago, idleclamp said:

Still waiting for the Lockwood slide.

Same here! A local fellow shooter has two. I haven’t been able to shoot one but it looks great and its serration is awesome!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Received the kit yesterday. I was expecting it finished in silver but it is finished in black. Oh well. Still sexy, lol

Now I am having an issue. I swapped the slide kits on my P320 (X5 slide kit with AXG grip module) that had been running fine and all of a sudden, I have a semi- dead trigger. Pulling the trigger (Legacy GG Comp Kit) does not release the striker most of the time as if Over-Travel is not enough but when I pull the slide forward in its ‘battery’, the striker gets released. I have never had this phenomenon. Emailed GG’s customer service about this issue but I am kind of bummed a bit.

Legion FCU

Legacy GG Comp Kit (no over-travel adjustment. Just a piece of sleeve)

AGX grip module