Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grayguns p320 slides

Rich406

Grayguns is starting to release their custom p320 uppers to the general public. I received mine and was able to put a few rounds through it. 

The upper looks to be 100% oem p320 legion sig parts, however the slide is cut differently and the barrel is hand fit to the slide. The biggest gripe I’ve had with the stock legion for years has been the terrible accuracy. There is no such problem with the GG slide. I shot several different types of ammo through it and all grouped 1” or less at 20 yards from a rest. I’d typically see 2-4” with the same variety of ammo through a stock legion. 

The fit and finish of the slide is top notch. The optic pocket is cut very tight and the optic has to be pressed in. 

Overall I’m pretty happy with it and look forward to putting more rounds through it. 

B5715A8B-5A4C-4F09-B0C6-DD612B507685.jpeg

Edited by Rich406

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you're saying sig's suck, but if you pay a bunch of money for aftermarket parts you can make them not suck? that is good to know. My wife shoots a sig, and while it doesn't suck much, it would be nice to make it suck even less.

Edited by motosapiens

14 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

so you're saying sig's suck, but if you pay a bunch of money for aftermarket parts you can make them not suck? that is good to know. My wife shoots a sig, and while it doesn't suck much, it would be nice to make it suck even less.

That’s what I’m saying….

I just don't see these accuracy issues people talk about. At 20 yards I can't put 5 rounds touching a paster. We aren't shooting bullseye. It's uspsa.

On top of that fitting isn't done just on the slide. You have to fit barrel to the FCU as well. 

Edited by Bakerjd

32 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

I just don't see these accuracy issues people talk about. At 20 yards I can't put 5 rounds touching a paster. We aren't shooting bullseye. It's uspsa.

So when shooting a tux or head box at 20+yards you don’t think there is a difference in a gun that has a 1” group and one that has a 4”? 4” is more than half the width of the target..  I’m glad you have a gun that shoots, but you are in the minority. I’ve never found a legion that had better than average accuracy.

Fitting the barrel to the FCU is nonsense, what would you even fit? It contacts the takedown lever. The barrel hood to slide fit is what matters. 

On 10/29/2021 at 6:07 PM, Rich406 said:

Grayguns is starting to release their custom p320 uppers to the general public. I received mine and was able to put a few rounds through it. 

The upper looks to be 100% oem p320 legion sig parts, however the slide is cut differently and the barrel is hand fit to the slide. The biggest gripe I’ve had with the stock legion for years has been the terrible accuracy. There is no such problem with the GG slide. I shot several different types of ammo through it and all grouped 1” or less at 20 yards from a rest. I’d typically see 2-4” with the same variety of ammo through a stock legion. 

The fit and finish of the slide is top notch. The optic pocket is cut very tight and the optic has to be pressed in. 

Overall I’m pretty happy with it and look forward to putting more rounds through it. 

I just got mine as well. Identical to yours. I did not have time to shoot it yet. It came with a 15# 1911 recoil spring which is short compared to the recoil spring that Legions usually come with. Which one are going to be using with this slide? 

Edited by cheby

34 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

So when shooting a tux or head box at 20+yards you don’t think there is a difference in a gun that has a 1” group and one that has a 4”? 4” is more than half the width of the target..  I’m glad you have a gun that shoots, but you are in the minority. I’ve never found a legion that had better than average accuracy.

Fitting the barrel to the FCU is nonsense, what would you even fit? It contacts the takedown lever. The barrel hood to slide fit is what matters. 

First of all, if you think a paster is 4" you need to learn how to measure. Second, yes 100% fitting the barrel foot to the fcu is part of accuracy. How the hell do you think barrel lock up works? 

6 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

First of all, if you think a paster is 4" you need to learn how to measure. Second, yes 100% fitting the barrel foot to the fcu is part of accuracy. How the hell do you think barrel lock up works? 

im talking about what I’ve commonly seen with the p320 legion past 15 yards. It’s not uncommon at all to see a 4” group at 20-25 yards. 

how do you think barrel lockup works? On a plastic striker gun like the p320 the barrel lug fit to the takedown lever makes little to no difference. The consistency of the barrel lockup is in the barrel hood fit. Completely different than a 1911, cz, etc.  

Edited by Rich406

3 hours ago, Rich406 said:

im talking about what I’ve commonly seen with the p320 legion past 15 yards. It’s not uncommon at all to see a 4” group at 20-25 yards. 

how do you think barrel lockup works? On a plastic striker gun like the p320 the barrel lug fit to the takedown lever makes little to no difference. The consistency of the barrel lockup is in the barrel hood fit. Completely different than a 1911, cz, etc.  

May want to tell anyone who has fit a p320 barrel that. Because if you don't fit the bottom lug the gun won't lock up. 

8 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

May want to tell anyone who has fit a p320 barrel that. Because if you don't fit the bottom lug the gun won't lock up. 

You just don’t give up do you….

If you are fitting an oversized barrel, sure there might be some adjustment to the barrel lug to get it to actually fit into the gun. That’s the point of an oversized fit barrel. But it makes little to no difference in the accuracy of the gun, unless it’s way off. 

that said, I’ve fit several barsto “gunsmith fit” barrels and I’ve never had to mess with the locking lug. 

Edited by Rich406

On 10/30/2021 at 11:00 PM, Bakerjd said:

I had to look up your A-number to make sure your skills match the snarky remarks to Rich406.  It doesn't.  As far as gear or shooting related opinions, yours don't matter.  

On 10/29/2021 at 9:07 PM, Rich406 said:

Did you ask for the 5" slide?  I'm on the list for a 4.7 Lockwood where slide and barrel will be finished in DLC black.  Good to hear accuracy met your expectations.

3 hours ago, Stician said:

Did you ask for the 5" slide?  I'm on the list for a 4.7 Lockwood where slide and barrel will be finished in DLC black.  Good to hear accuracy met your expectations.

Do you know what the differences are between the Lockwood slide and the one in the OP?

54 minutes ago, ddc said:

Do you know what the differences are between the Lockwood slide and the one in the OP?

It’s a 4.7” slide instead of 5”. I’m pretty sure they also take a 5” X5 bull barrel and cut it to fit. It’s more money due to the extra work.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:35 PM, cheby said:

I just got mine as well. Identical to yours. I did not have time to shoot it yet. It came with a 15# 1911 recoil spring which is short compared to the recoil spring that Legions usually come with. Which one are going to be using with this slide? 

The 15Lb was way too heavy. I had too much brass bouncing off the optic. I ended up using the stock legion 12lb.

2 hours ago, ddc said:

It has different milling and the lightening cuts are set further back.  I messaged Issac Lockwood about it and he said he settled on this after prototyping 2 different slides, 1 being full weight, pic below is his gun.  Here's what the GGI director of gunsmithing shared with me.  DLC black is applied to both slide and barrel.

The price on the whole package is $1100. This includes a slide that has been bored open to accept a X5 barrel, a barrel matched to the slide, guide rod and spring, slide internals, Choice of optic cut, and choice of finish DLC or single color cerakote.  The slide will be ready to run once received, just need to mount the optic and put on a lower. This slide is optimized for use in Carry optics as the mass balance has been perfected for an extremely flat shooting platform. 

Lockwood 320.jpg