Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 5 34 Timney problem

Pat B.

I’ve installed the triggers on 2 gen 5 34s. I’m using aftermarket connectors. The only thing I had to play with was the bend of the connectors and put some gun butter on them. I think it’s definitely the best upgrade you can do for a competition Glock setup. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 11:00 AM, superslowmo said:

I had to bend the stock (-) connector inward on my G5 due to rubbing on frame. 
I also had to do some slight trimming in the area circled in the pic due to the bar not going far enough rearward to release the striker.  

D11E8005-D675-4A56-9FEF-9996D1BC3533.jpeg

Well, I got my Timney in today and tried to install it in my Gen5 17 and I have the same problem as above.  The trigger bar goes back until it hits the frame and then stops.  If I apply additional pressure on the trigger, then the trigger bar will slide to the left a bit off that ledge on the frame and the sear will disengage the striker.  This is a brand new Glock, and I don't trust myself with a dremel, so I emailed Timney support this morning, but haven't heard anything yet.  I was really looking forward to getting this out to the range today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 5:54 PM, Cuz said:

Well, I got my Timney in today and tried to install it in my Gen5 17 and I have the same problem as above.  The trigger bar goes back until it hits the frame and then stops.  If I apply additional pressure on the trigger, then the trigger bar will slide to the left a bit off that ledge on the frame and the sear will disengage the striker.  This is a brand new Glock, and I don't trust myself with a dremel, so I emailed Timney support this morning, but haven't heard anything yet.  I was really looking forward to getting this out to the range today.

Did you ever hear back from Timney? I just tried installing the Timney Trigger into my gen 5 34 and am having the same issue. The striker will not release. 

18 minutes ago, Trevarm said:

Did you ever hear back from Timney? I just tried installing the Timney Trigger into my gen 5 34 and am having the same issue. The striker will not release. 

Yes, I emailed their support, and they sent me out a new trigger.  I rec'd and installed it a couple of days ago and it seems to work great.  Haven't taken it out to the range yet.

15 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Yes, I emailed their support, and they sent me out a new trigger.  I rec'd and installed it a couple of days ago and it seems to work great.  Haven't taken it out to the range yet.

Just emailed them. I will see what they say. 

On 12/28/2021 at 9:16 PM, Trevarm said:

They sent me a new trigger bar last week. They said that they had gotten some that were out of spec. They said that the trigger bars were to long and were hitting the frame before the sear would be released. The new one they sent me works ok.

2 hours ago, bubba72 said:

They sent me a new trigger bar last week. They said that they had gotten some that were out of spec. They said that the trigger bars were to long and were hitting the frame before the sear would be released. The new one they sent me works ok.

Ok as in its good or ok as in it works, but its only ok?

7 hours ago, Trevarm said:

Ok as in its good or ok as in it works, but its only ok?

Depends on how you want to define ok. When I pull the trigger the sear releases the striker and the reset is quicker than I can shoot the gun. The reset can be felt it is better than with the other trigger bar. I haven't got a chance to go to the range for live fire yet but planning on going to the range this week.

With the setup I have now it has a slightly under 3 lb trigger pull measured with my Wheeler digital gauge and a decent wall before the trigger breaks. Using a stock striker spring.

I've got five Gen 3's: a 17, two 34's and two 35's.  I installed the Timney Alpha in all of them and none have "sluggish" reset; all have the red spring and break crisply at sub two # (for $150 ea!!!).    

If yours is "sluggish", you have done something wrong perhaps?  There are plenty of postings here that deal with the issues (and solutions) that some have had.  All of the postings are a good read and everyone here is most helpful. 

But there is expert help available if you are one of the few with a problem.  Timney goes over and above with their most excellent customer service...there is no reason for anyone to be dissatisfied, just give them a call...but watch the install video on their website first.

11 minutes ago, sx2gl35 said:

I've got five Gen 3's: a 17, two 34's and two 35's.  I installed the Timney Alpha in all of them and none have "sluggish" reset; all have the red spring and break crisply at sub two # (for $150 ea!!!).    

If yours is "sluggish", you have done something wrong perhaps?  There are plenty of postings here that deal with the issues (and solutions) that some have had.  All of the postings are a good read and everyone here is most helpful. 

But there is expert help available if you are one of the few with a problem.  Timney goes over and above with their most excellent customer service...there is no reason for anyone to be dissatisfied, just give them a call...but watch the install video on their website first.

I have called several times and have sent an email. Still haven't received any response. 

5 hours ago, Trevarm said:

I have called several times and have sent an email. Still haven't received any response. 

Timney Tech Support [technicalsupport@timneyusa.com]

Jeff Herlov

Technical Support Advisor

Timney Triggers
2020 West Quail Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85027
P: 623.223.1111
F: 623.223.1112

NRA Life Member

I have talked to Jeff several times via email and he has responded the same day or he next. If that isn't the number you have called try it.

19 hours ago, bubba72 said:

Timney Tech Support [technicalsupport@timneyusa.com]

Jeff Herlov

Technical Support Advisor

Timney Triggers
2020 West Quail Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85027
P: 623.223.1111
F: 623.223.1112

NRA Life Member

I have talked to Jeff several times via email and he has responded the same day or he next. If that isn't the number you have called try it.

Thank you. I will give him a call early next week. 

You can sit tight and wait or get the dremel out.  

I had one that took a very minor amount of relief to make it function perfectly, and another that was going to take more than I wanted to remove.  So I chose to have the trigger on that one replaced...which I am now waiting on after sending it back (at their request).

I think they will catch up shortly, hang in there if you can...waiting sucks!!!  

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party but fighting with 2 that reset for crap for since Timney had these to buy. Watched 3 go down at a match in NC on my squad alone buy the end of 7 stages.
Got Frankenstein on #1 and 'made' it work. Epoxy Dremel Jameson etc.... Runs good.
Even had a spring company make incremental weight 'V' return springs. But the gauge is a bit more and had to take the slide release out til I could 'fit' it. Done. Solid now.
#2, still working on it.

#2... sorted out!
Geeked out while snowed in, at the dining room table and the wife just LOVED it!
For the curious... Gen 4 ragged out lower, Adams Arms Optic ready 17 slide, The guts: Zev plunger/striker, Gen 5 disconnector (black one).