Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G48 MOS in CO?

superslowmo

1 minute ago, superslowmo said:

Anyone run a G48 MOS in CO?

Shield Arms mags + extensions gives 20rds reloadable, and the grip (to me) seems extremely comfortable.  

So I was curious if anyone has given it a go, and what their results have been.  

I've seen it done just to run someone's actual carry gun in a match.  48 is my carry gun, but I wouldn't want to shoot it full time as a competition gun.  The grip is still too small to shoot a lot comfortably vs a full size gun.

20 minutes ago, superslowmo said:

Anyone run a G48 MOS in CO?

Shield Arms mags + extensions gives 20rds reloadable, and the grip (to me) seems extremely comfortable.  

So I was curious if anyone has given it a go, and what their results have been.  

Would those mags with extensions be within the 141mm max mag length for CO?

If I was trying to be "competitive", no.  The 48 isn't gonna hang with a 57 ounce Shadow2 Optic Ready, for the reasons enumerated above.

If I was of a more-defensive mindset, heck yeah.  You should occasionally practice with what you carry.

I EDC a 48 non-MOS.  Maybe I should follow my own advice and try Production Division with it.  Let's see how ballsy I can be at tonight's SAPSC match.  I gotta see what I can come up with for mag pouches.....

Edited by Braxton1

1 hour ago, superslowmo said:

All of the above is great info that I hadn't considered.

I was asking because my G48 MOS is my EDC and was curious if it would be more an exercise than being competitive.

Understood. If being competitive is more important to you I would look at some other Pistol with a full size frame. If being more proficient with your carry gun is what is important and you just want to compete to have fun then I would say use the 48 MOS and knock yourself out

2 minutes ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Understood. If being competitive is more important to you I would look at some other Pistol with a full size frame. If being more proficient with your carry gun is what is important and you just want to compete to have fun then I would say use the 48 MOS and knock yourself out

I fully understand, but even I dream of greatness from time to time.  😉

CO Grandmaster with a G26….