Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SA-35 “Hi-Power”

VigilAndy

VZ grips is offering up a coupon code for something like 20% off for Hi Power grips.

But it’s only good til midnight.

Try HPHALLOWEEN

for the coupon code.

Edited by Chills1994

11 hours ago, Chills1994 said:

I didn’t know that.

But as it turns out, 1911HALLOWEEN also works for 1911 grips.

You can also call and ask about any promotions.  They are really good about letting you know what the best deals are.

First, I agree - no more rule changes - at least for a year would be nice.

Second, I own an original (70 "C") Hi-Power and it's a great piece except for the safety so I highly recommend one or a clone -

but are people ready to buy from SA again? 

I don't think everyone is but I'm sure some are over their past antics.  

BTW, BH Spring Solutions specializes in parts, accessories, and mods to them

I've always thought "If anybody resurrects the Hi-Power, PLEASE put a beavertail on it!!!".  It doesn't need to be as big as the Behlert ones back in the 80's, but do something so that I won't hemorrhage from the web of my hand after five rounds....

On 10/26/2021 at 9:54 PM, ULshooter2491 said:

Mag ext and optic cut. Old school meets new fad in Carry optics. 

Prasky Gunworks did a regent HP clone for me. All C&S internals, and cut slide for a red dot. It's fun but not really a competition gun. I've shot a few IDPA matches with it. 

I really want one of the new SA35s but being left handed I want to know if standard HP ambi safety will fit. 

• 1 month later...

My range had a rep from Springfield Armory out today with a bunch of guns for trial, including a SA-35:

9C8F44AD-2721-4803-80EC-2FCBA73A6CE6.thumb.jpeg.c432019a80f3417d31d263587a766146.jpeg

D4E06265-D24E-4835-AE68-66CD75186C11.thumb.jpeg.1575b6c0b52ae1e1ecd4bd8db0222a5b.jpeg

Got to shoot about five magazines through it in total, and for those few rounds at least this particular example had no malfunctions. I shot it as a lefty and my brother shot it righty, neither of which induced any malfunctions or problems beyond the awkwardness I usually have trying to use non-ambi guns. The sights were nice, the trigger was excellent with about a millimeter of slack before coming to a hard wall and a crisp break. It was smooth and accurate, and just had a very nice feel in the hand. Very little play in the slide to frame fit and no noticeable movement pressing on the barrel hood when in battery. All in all I walked away with a very favorable impression

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We still haven’t seen but the one sample at the little shop I work at. However, FNs new versions are likely to start shipping in late Q3. There is certainly a price difference, but, after feeling them side by side, the FN is worth every penny more (not that I won’t try to convince my lovely wife that we need at least one of each).

I’m all for both guns though; more options on the market for such an outstanding design can’t hurt.