Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SA-35 “Hi-Power”

VigilAndy

Lots of people asking that question. 

They have apparently hit a sweet spot with better sights and safety than FN and no magazine disconnect.

I am not much subject to hammer bite and will have to let others pronounce on the hammer clearance.

If the quality is good, they will have a winner.

4 hours ago, RJH said:

I am interested too. What parts are in Turkish? The stuff I saw said at least the slide and frame was made in America, I think the barrel too. But maybe I didn't catch everything

Maybe none. There was talk of this pistol a couple of weeks or so ago on one of the 1911 forums and folks there were guessing it was just going to be the Gersan or Tisas parts being imported and assembled in the US. Like a rebranded version of the EAA that’s also coming out. If the SA-35 is made entirely in the US, that will be a real discriminator. It should also help bring the price for used BHPs back to earth. Win win.

21 minutes ago, VigilAndy said:

Maybe none. There was talk of this pistol a couple of weeks or so ago on one of the 1911 forums and folks there were guessing it was just going to be the Gersan or Tisas parts being imported and assembled in the US. Like a rebranded version of the EAA that’s also coming out. If the SA-35 is made entirely in the US, that will be a real discriminator. It should also help bring the price for used BHPs back to earth. Win win.

Gotcha. They didn't mention the small parts, but I know in one video I saw they said the frame and slide was made in the US, and I want to say the barrel was mentioned as well. But the small parts could definitely be made somewhere else, or the video could be wrong

11 hours ago, terrydoc said:

Limited I suppose

But you are only getting 15 rounds of 9mm shoved into them.

9mm is still considered minor in Limited, right?

if they made a .40 cal version, then it might hold just 12 rounds.

soooo….Limited 10?

Or IDPA’s ESP division

Or Steel Challenge in “limited”???

if you could find a holster that works.

7 minutes ago, Chills1994 said:

But you are only getting 15 rounds of 9mm shoved into them.

9mm is still considered minor in Limited, right?

if they made a .40 cal version, then it might hold just 12 rounds.

soooo….Limited 10?

Or IDPA’s ESP division

Or Steel Challenge in “limited”???

if you could find a holster that works.

I've always been bummed that this gun doesn't have a place in our sport.  Maybe because I love Beverly Hills Cop and Eddie Murphy so much.

6 minutes ago, twodownzero said:

I've always been bummed that this gun doesn't have a place in our sport.  Maybe because I love Beverly Hills Cop and Eddie Murphy so much.

Would love to see high powers allowed in single stack

5 minutes ago, RJH said:

Would love to see high powers allowed in single stack

We may as well allow them in Production at this point.  I love single action triggers, but some of the things going on in Production right now are a way bigger "advantage" than a trigger system.  It might be best to just combine Production, SS, and L-10 into one division.

51 minutes ago, twodownzero said:

We may as well allow them in Production at this point.  I love single action triggers, but some of the things going on in Production right now are a way bigger "advantage" than a trigger system.  It might be best to just combine Production, SS, and L-10 into one division.

I'd be fine with that too, but I don't think is going to happen either. If I get an sa 35 I will get it knowing that it won't be the "right gun" for USPSA, but I am ok with that

Needless to say, I don’t shoot those very often.

From the pics of this SA 35, it looks like Springfield Armory didn’t do anything out of the ordinary to the beavertail or the hammer.

I was really hoping that they would extend the beavertail like Nighthawk Custom did with theirs.

2 hours ago, twodownzero said:

That sure would simplify things and breathe a little life into those divisions. Being very new to the sport though, I’m sure there’s a downside I don’t recognize. Still, I second the  motion!

1 hour ago, VigilAndy said:

That sure would simplify things and breathe a little life into those divisions. Being very new to the sport though, I’m sure there’s a downside I don’t recognize. Still, I second the  motion!

The downside is it would kill off everything about the Production division, which originally had strict rules about modifications and certainly no single action guns are allowed, even now.  But the horse is so far out of the barn at this point, the minor trigger system distinction isn't doing any work anyway.

∆∆∆ wasn't me, I don't think, &  I don't really care anymore if it was me. It's just a game, as long as the rules don't change mid match I am not sure it matters as much as I once thought it did lol.  But like I said, if I buy an sa 35 it would be knowing that it was not an ideal USPSA gun, and I would be fine with that