Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 trigger pull

hal1955

Was not satisfied with my S2 trigger pull. I use a 14# hammer spring minus 4 coils and had a 5# da and 1.5# sa pull. Sa pull was too light for my liking. Found some increased power sear springs online at https://www.cz-parts.com/search?query=Sear+spring and purchased a .07,  .075 , and .08 wire diameter sear springs. Factory wire diameter was.062. I first tried the.075 sear spring and the sa pull went up to 2# and the da went up to 5.5#. Reset in nice and firm and the wall on the trigger prep is nice and firm. Got it right the first time and I like it a lot. Cost was $10 per spring and $25 UPS and arrived from Czech Rep in 5 days. Painless.

Im not a big fan of cutting springs. I would try an 11.5 first from Cajun. The life of the spring will likely last longer, 11.5 will still set of primers reliably, and you can change them out with quick repeatability especially if you get a more S2s in the future. Also, I would just leave the factory sear springs. overall the gun springs will break in over a few thousand and you will enjoy it. 

Double action trigger pull of 5-5.5# is easy to get, not a problem. My issue was too light of a single action trigger pull at 1.5#. The sear spring increased the single action trigger pull from 1.5# to 2# which is what i was trying to achieve.