Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Spo1 custom shadow

scottinohio

On 10/20/2021 at 8:49 AM, scottinohio said:

I have a gun located with competition rear sights,fiber optic front sights,and srts trigger. Is this gun legal in SSP?   THX  Scotty  (CZ SP o1 shadow)

The gun generally sounds legal for SSP as long as you're not running a magwell or anything. The trigger might be a winkle; I'm assuming that's a short reset model? Is the physical trigger component the same and you've changed internals? Or is it a whole different trigger unit? The former is fine for SSP, the latter will kick you to ESP.

You're probably on the bleeding edge of size and weight with a mag inserted so I'd check that, as well.

8 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

SP-01s have always made weight unless someone sneaks in some internal weights

Good to know. I'm admittedly no CZ expert, but I always tell people to weight their actual gun with a mag and not trust published weights (my squadmate at Regionals last year learned this the hard way with a PPQ SF).

I would think it would be fine to run in SSP unless you ran into a SO at the equipment check that is a CZ model expert. I have seen a couple guys running aSP01 with a 85 trigger and never been questioned. 
CZ has made several special run SP01’s over the years..