Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Dovetail 1911 front sights

Forbesy

Hi all,

wondering if anybody else still makes longitudinal dovetail 1911 sights or sight blanks.

I contacted Clark Custom about the sights and an Australian dealer but all I got back was “Brownell’s, but that is not an item we stock. You may try Novak or Dawson”

Still shows on their website but apparently ,by their reply, no longer manufacture or stock 1911 front dovetail sights.🤷🏼‍♂️ 
Thanks.

My Springfield 1911 had a Clark front sight cut into it years back. After trying to find a fiber optic sight for it, I gave up. My gunsmith took out the old Clark sight, welded it up, and recut it for the Dawson style that goes in sideways. And then reblued the slide. 

I’ve got a Caspian 1911 with a front sight block with “wings” like an Aristocrat revolver rib front sight for WA1500\PPC. I’ll try masterpiece arms or just machine the block flat an fit and Aristocrat front. Bit of a shame Clark Custom couldn’t seem to be bothered. I’ve dealt with Uniquetek, Brownells USA and Aristocrat for many years and they couldn’t be more help for a small customer from the other side of the planet. 

BEBC2081-7C22-40DF-B193-0289B87AEF80.jpeg