Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2022 USPSA Nationals (all of 'em) Discussion

ChuckS

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is breaking the law to get a competitive advantage unsportmanlike? Does law breaking bring the sport into disrepute?

Match Disqualification – Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Competitors will be disqualified from a match for conduct which a Range Officer deems to be unsportsmanlike. Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to, cheating, dishonesty, failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official, or any behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute. The Range Master must be notified as soon as possible.

If you are so concerned about it, just don't shoot it. Then it won't be your problem. It's been made clear in this thread by people in the shooting scene that it is a non-issue, and if you are still wringing your hands, then this is not the event for you.

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

everyone commits a crime everyday, even B-class lawyers. That's simply the nature of our excessive law-writing ability.

I tend to be worried only about the laws I might get in trouble for. This doesn't seem to be one of those.

7 minutes ago, Bagellord said:

If you are so concerned about it, just don't shoot it. Then it won't be your problem. It's been made clear in this thread by people in the shooting scene that it is a non-issue, and if you are still wringing your hands, then this is not the event for you.

Looking forward to the statement from USPSA saying that it's ok to bring your LCMs to Colorado for the match.

11 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

Looking forward to the statement from USPSA saying that it's ok to bring your LCMs to Colorado for the match.

No they do not have to do that.

But they opened up this can of worms, so the least they could do is clarify what the rules are for this match wrt to magazines, so everybody can make an informed decision.

17 minutes ago, Umbrarian said:

No they do not have to do that.

But they opened up this can of worms, so the least they could do is clarify what the rules are for this match wrt to magazines, so everybody can make an informed decision.

what's to clarify? It's the same as every other major match in colorado has been for years. Run wut ya brung.

For the overwhelming majority of USPSA shooters, this is not a can of worms at all. I squadded with 10+ out of state folks at the bighorn there in june. The match was full, and the number of people who were concerned about this issue was zero.

38 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

For the overwhelming majority of USPSA shooters, this is not a can of worms at all. I squadded with 10+ out of state folks at the bighorn there in june. The match was full, and the number of people who were concerned about this issue was zero.

Well, if anyone does get caught, that's their defense right there.  I'm sure the judge will love it.

1 hour ago, ltdmstr said:

Well, if anyone does get caught, that's their defense right there.  I'm sure the judge will love it.

if anyone gets caught it will be because they were selling drugs or committed a violent crime. just like the other 11 people that got caught. but if you are concerned, stay home.

the entire shooting community gave the collective finger to all the scamdemic bs for the last 18 months too, and no one went to jail.

Edited by motosapiens

There is absolutely no way this potential issue was not discussed by the USPSA Nationals scheduling committee / President et all before making the decision.  The fact that there has been no official announcement restricting the match based on the States statutes indicates they are shielding themselves from any possible liability / litigation from this activity.  No skin in it for me as I’m not a participant but as a paying member of USPSA my expectations of the organization setting a positive / clear example is a requirement.  Obviously there is considerable sponsor $$ involved as well as $$ to be made in the local areas for food/lodging/travel etc. so I doubt anyone is going to say “stay away”…

On 10/22/2021 at 3:54 PM, Bagellord said:

It is all of our problem as USPSA members.  The USPSA Nationals should be a world-class shooting event.  Telling USPSA members to either not shoot the nationals or violate the law (or figure out some kind of way to comply) is not a solution.  The solution is to move the event out of Colorado and stop having USPSA major matches there unless the law changes.  As much as I loved my home state of Illinois, it's not a coincidence why the USPSA nationals aren't held in Cook County.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:39 PM, Zincwarrior said:

An excellent point. Thank you.

I received this from the USPSA.  It feels helpful. I am happily surprised that they replied within 24 hours.  Very impressive. While I am not nationals material I would feel more comfortable based on this.  Additionally the idea of mailing magazines in and out appears helpful if concerning.

It may seem odd, but the range we are using is a government operated public range and is welcoming us.

If you would like to discuss further, please give me a call at XXX

Thanks for contacting us.

9 hours ago, Zincwarrior said:

I received this from the USPSA.  It feels helpful. I am happily surprised that they replied within 24 hours.  Very impressive. While I am not nationals material I would feel more comfortable based on this.  Additionally the idea of mailing magazines in and out appears helpful if concerning.

It may seem odd, but the range we are using is a government operated public range and is welcoming us.

If you would like to discuss further, please give me a call at XXX

Thanks for contacting us.

Funny...I seem to recall mentioning this.....

A state-owned, managed, and operated facility...

57 minutes ago, RileyBowman said:

Funny...I seem to recall mentioning this.....

A state-owned, managed, and operated facility...

Yeah, except for the phone call part.  And that's because USPSA will never put in writing that it's ok to show up with your LCMs in violation of state law.

2 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

PCC would need its own match as I don't think its possible to test the accuracy potential of a carbine without exceeding the accuracy potential of most handguns.

Completely agree.  I am curious if the numbers for PCC participation have dropped off where USPSA feels that it cannot fill a PCC only Nationals?

We had a PCC only match set up and planned for in Western PA a few years ago, several hundred shooters registered.  Unfortunately the match fell through, but it showed us the interest was there.