Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2022 USPSA Nationals (all of 'em) Discussion

ChuckS

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Balakay said:

Odd that CO is a stand-alone match and Open is lumped with Production. 

4 days and a difficult to reach location (no direct flights). 

I will be there but not excited about the logistics

meh, it's alot easier for many of us to reach than florida or alabama (which have no direct flights from where I live).

CO is by far the largest division around here now. Makes sense to me to let the most possible people shoot it.

Not to get political, but doesn't Colorado have a 15 round mag capacity limit? Will there be any effect to competitors on that, or is that just new sales or something. Just curious on the law from anybody who might actually know. Thanks

13 minutes ago, outerlimits said:

so USPSA creates L10 because of these laws, then schedules nationals in said state?

yeah I don't know how that's going to work.  Good thing I've had my Limited gun for longer than the effective date of the ban.

If the magazine was purchased prior to enactment of the bill (2013) and was in continuous possession then it is okay to own them. I am not aware of any exemptions for sporting use or for those visiting the state. Barring an appeal of this law prior to the start of Nationals I would advise caution. There’s always some public figure looking to make a point, and arresting 500 people would certainly do that.

More than likely it'll all be fine, but it would suck to be the competitor that gets arrested getting off the plane, or after getting pulled over because their license plate light don't work or something like that

29 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Of course, it’s possible that USPSA might set a 15 round limit for this match.

61599795-AE52-4EBA-A74A-C579BA20C17D.thumb.jpeg.d7b9c165ea4e3421a3bea722147dbcd8.jpeg

I'd love to know what the NROI says about that one.  It doesn't specify if all competitors are restricted by law or not.  We literally have a situation here where competitive equity is determined by whether you owned the magazine prior to 2013.  It's also not clear to me how I'd prove I've had continuous possession of my magazines.  Usually I don't worry about this stuff too much but this is a serious problem.

1 minute ago, Racinready300ex said:

If anyone asks you bought the mags pre 2013 I guess. 

Rumor is they don't really enforce it if that makes you feel better. Probably hard to enforce anyway. 

Given my job and my oath, I can't violate the law just because it's unlikely I'd get caught.  I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

18 minutes ago, twodownzero said:

Given my job and my oath, I can't violate the law just because it's unlikely I'd get caught.  I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

IDPA just had their Nat's there including PCC with 30 round mags. I believe this club has hosted other uspsa matches too.

I imagine this is going to be a stay home if you're not comfortable with it situation. 

USPSA Nationals entry fee and expenditures:$1,000

Glock 35 tricked out with a stack of factory magazines: $1,000

An anonymous call on day two of USPSA Nationals to report a large gathering of people with illegal magazines: your soul

USPSA national champion trophy: priceless 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

it doesn't appear that competitors are restricted by law to maximum magazine capacity. 

It does appear that you can no longer purchase magazines than hold more than 15 rounds. Admittedly, if any LE officer did actually care about this, it might be a conscience problem to lie and say you bought them before 2013. It appears to me that law has been totally ignored by the shooting community and by the LE community so far.