Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BEST PCC DROP IN TRIGGER ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have CMC AR9 triggers in my PCCs and they’ve been great. I notice I get some trigger feeeze when they very dirty but otherwise haven’t let me down/

I did order a Trigger Tech AR9 Competitive last month and have yet to install it, doing so this weekend to compare to my CMC.

I shot a trigger tech on a friends 22lr AR and was blown away so I wanted to see the PCC version. 

I bought and installed a CMC PCC 3.5# drop-in trigger.  There is zero pre-travel and it has worked 100% with the first 150 rounds.  A pleasant surprise is that although it is rated at 3.5#, it is breaking at almost exactly 3.0# according to my Lyman gauge.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 10:11 PM, mellino19 said:

I have CMC AR9 triggers in my PCCs and they’ve been great. I notice I get some trigger feeeze when they very dirty but otherwise haven’t let me down/

I did order a Trigger Tech AR9 Competitive last month and have yet to install it, doing so this weekend to compare to my CMC.

I shot a trigger tech on a friends 22lr AR and was blown away so I wanted to see the PCC version. 

Just wanted to update my last post. 

I finally installed the trigger tech and it’s definitely smooth but I hate that it’s 2 stage and can run my CMC wayyyyy better. 

Needless to say, as this post is about DROP IN trigger modules, I vote CMC all day!

I've been running a CMC PCC in mine for the last few years, but those times may be done. This last weekend, on stage 4 of 5 of the match, the trigger stopped working. It turned into a single shot rifle. I could not get the trigger to reset. After finishing the stage, I took the rifle apart and checked function - the disconnect would not release the hammer on reset. 

This is not the first time I've had this happen with a CMC trigger, I had the same thing happen with on of their AR15 triggers. I'm starting to research other options. 

There are anecdotal tales of HiperFires contributing to the breakage of firing pins in PCCs.  Allegedly, the hammer on these hits the pin so hard that it really gives a shock to it and can snap the head off or break it right where it tapers down to its final diameter at the front.

I haven't seen it myself, but have seen a few reports on various forums.

I have not read all of the posts, but my father in law picked up a 9PCC from Aims and it had a straight trigger in it that was fantastic. Aim supposedly has the triggers on sale again for $79.  I purchase two a while back and for $79 they are great.  Don't know if that helps or not, but for the money, they are tough to beat.

• 1 month later...

I have two CMC AR9 triggers and an Elfmann AR9 trigger. Both are good. The Elftmann is adjustable from 2.5 to 4 lbs. The CMCs are rated at 3.5 but both break under 3. The Elftmann may break just a little crisper, but the reset on the CMCs is very quick and quicker than the Elftmann. I had one of each and needed a third. I bought the second CMC.

• 2 months later...

I put a CMC trigger in my PCC. It was about $160.  It’s supposed to be 3.5 lbs, but it’s a tad lighter and extremely crisp. I’ve run it for 2 years in USPSA and Steel Challenge. Couldn’t tell you the round count, but it is got to be pushing 5 figures.  Runs like a champ. 

I am running the 3.5# CMC flat trigger (not the PCC specific version) and it works great in my AR-V.  Also had the same one in my 15-22 when I was running that in RFRO. 

I'm sure I have said all this before, but this post is more to highlight CMC customer service.  A buddy of mine runs CMC in his 15-22s and ended up with issues.  Called CMC and they said they will replace them right away after apologizing 6 or 7 times.  That was it, no questions about round count, maintenance, etc.  Just a simple "we are so sorry, here's new triggers"

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2022 at 8:10 AM, bigdawgbeav said:

I am running the 3.5# CMC flat trigger (not the PCC specific version) and it works great in my AR-V.  Also had the same one in my 15-22 when I was running that in RFRO. 

I'm sure I have said all this before, but this post is more to highlight CMC customer service.  A buddy of mine runs CMC in his 15-22s and ended up with issues.  Called CMC and they said they will replace them right away after apologizing 6 or 7 times.  That was it, no questions about round count, maintenance, etc.  Just a simple "we are so sorry, here's new triggers"

I called them about my trigger not re-setting after 500 rds,

They told me they do not sell them there and I had to call Planet Optics.

They have a 30 day return policy. I bought it months ago.

Looks like I am stuck with a defective trigger.

My identical main  gun has thousands of rds with the same trigger.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 5:48 PM, dmshozer1 said:

I called them about my trigger not re-setting after 500 rds,

They told me they do not sell them there and I had to call Planet Optics.

They have a 30 day return policy. I bought it months ago.

Looks like I am stuck with a defective trigger.

My identical main  gun has thousands of rds with the same trigger.

Follow up,

I somehow called the wrong number for CMC?

A few days later I realized that and called CMC.

They are going to replace the trigger, no problem.

As people have been saying, great customer service!

On 8/20/2022 at 7:29 PM, Texaspaul said:

Maybe I need to rephrase does anyone use a two-stage trigger in Steel Challange

None of the 'Pros' I know use a two stage. With how fast splits are, there isn't much of a reason to need one. But at the same time I don't see why you couldn't use one if that's what floats your boat.

32 minutes ago, JM_ said:

None of the 'Pros' I know use a two stage. With how fast splits are, there isn't much of a reason to need one. But at the same time I don't see why you couldn't use one if that's what floats your boat.

Justine Williams uses an AR Gold 308 trigger which is 2 stages last I talked to her. Max Leograndis used to use them as well but I think runs ECLs now.